Desparate for help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 12:15 PM
derblitz
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desparate for help!!!

please, I need some help with spark issues
<HR style="COLOR: #666666" SIZE=1>I'm new to this site, I hope I am posting my question in the correct arena. I own a 87' Big Bronco. The other day it started blowing black smoke, so i changed plugs, wires, rotor and dist. cap, coil, and idle sensor, because the idle was fluxuating up and down. Now the truck will not start at all. It turns over fine. However, when I checked the spark from the coil, there is Very little spark to be seen, just a small blue flicker. Can anyone advise me? I am lost. Thanks, Scott in TX

Old 12-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
what engine? did you install the wires in the correct firing order. what coil did you use?

Old 12-09-2005, 01:05 PM
derblitz
Freshman User
The engine is a 302. When I replaced the wire, I would pull one cable out at a time and install a new cable. The coil: Duralast c839 from autozone. Both the old and new coil show very little spark.......Scott

Old 12-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
so its efi then. the tfi module located on the distributor might need replaced

Old 12-09-2005, 03:43 PM
derblitz
Freshman User
Thanks for the help!!!!!!!! I'll get to the parts store. Let you know what happens. Thanks again, Scott

Old 12-09-2005, 05:13 PM
derblitz
Freshman User
WOW!!!! part stores dont handle the TFI Module, so I called Ford ---- $165.36, guess it will have to wait till the holidays are past. Thanks for all the help.....Scott

Old 12-09-2005, 05:41 PM
nelly781
Senior User
you say its blowing black smoke eh? well that means ur burning real rich. (too much fuel) i had a problem like this a while back. i was driving down the road and i accelerated and it sounded like something gave way or like i had hit a wall. anyways i was blowing dark blue smoke all over the place. it would turn over just fine. but it would start. but then eventually it wouldnt start anymore. what had happened (and i should have realized this before hand bc my gas mileage had dropped a little bit) but there is some pressure valve or somethin on the gas line near the intake manifold and it had gone bad, therefore allowing too much fuel to go in to the engine and burning dark. this valve thing is 2" round and bout 1" thick. this thing was broken on my truck and its cheap to fix. i hope this helps. it probly wont start b/c its flooded. let me know how it goes