1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blower fan problem (doesn't shut off)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 07:02 AM
vettdvr
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Most Gracious Thank you

Old 02-09-2018, 12:18 PM
Selene Gonzalez
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im having this same problem with the blower fan dont turn off but i also have other electrical issue

My 2001 ford expedition is also having trouble with the blower motor and the compass temperature over head is also staying on and the electrical rear view mirror is also staying on..

Old 02-09-2018, 06:03 PM
FarmingF250
Senior User
Originally Posted by Selene Gonzalez
My 2001 ford expedition is also having trouble with the blower motor and the compass temperature over head is also staying on and the electrical rear view mirror is also staying on..
If it's like my F250 was, likely you have moisture getting in somewhere. Mine was cab lights but might windshield. If it's leaking, get it fixed and dry things out. My issue went away on it's own after fixing leaking light and drying things out.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:01 AM
gggGary
New User
thanks for the thread my new to me 98 f150 4x4 worked fine all winter now is intermittently killing the battery, snowed last night, this morning radio was playing, doors were locked, with the key on the seat , now the blower fan is running, chimes going had to pull ground off battery to get the battery charged (again).

Old 05-27-2018, 04:58 AM
Rose88racing
Senior User
Originally Posted by Playitagain
That is exactly what my 2000 F250 7.3 is doing. I have just relocated from a very dry climate to a west coast wet climate. I guess the trick is getting it dried out and keeping it dried out. Thanks for all that, I'll let you know how it goes.
my 2000 f350 dually doing same thing just this week. O/D light flashing, radio stays lit after key is out, wipers have a mind of their own, fan motor has stayed on before, also last year horn started blowing in the middle of the night. Had to disconnect batteries to make it quit.
I have had windshield sealed but it's still getting moisture somewhere. What a Gremlin.

Last edited by Rose88racing; 05-27-2018 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Added
Old 08-10-2018, 05:11 PM
big rodney
New User
Hi Dick, I have a 2000 f350 7.3 and its having the same problem.. I replaced relay and its still doing it.. When I check #85 with the key off its still showing hot. Ive also been getting trans codes.. I thought I found it yesterday.. Found the plug on the neutral safety switch wasn't pushed in all the way.. Reset the code and it was fine til just now driving to the auto parts store to get the damn relay.. I got the truck from my dad, it only just turned 100k miles.. he said the weird problems like this started happening after a truck accessory shop put in his relay on the firewall for his cab over camper.. apparently they spliced into something to get power
GRR.. this truck is wearing me out

Old 11-15-2018, 06:36 AM
Rose88racing
Senior User
Originally Posted by big rodney
Hi Dick, I have a 2000 f350 7.3 and its having the same problem.. I replaced relay and its still doing it.. When I check #85 with the key off its still showing hot. Ive also been getting trans codes.. I thought I found it yesterday.. Found the plug on the neutral safety switch wasn't pushed in all the way.. Reset the code and it was fine til just now driving to the auto parts store to get the damn relay.. I got the truck from my dad, it only just turned 100k miles.. he said the weird problems like this started happening after a truck accessory shop put in his relay on the firewall for his cab over camper.. apparently they spliced into something to get power
GRR.. this truck is wearing me out
any luck on finding problems? Mine is worse this week than ever...pulled GEM no signs of moisture, now speedometer is bouncing, truck down shifts like it's in tow mode, clicking noise under driver side battery where brake lines go into a junction box, also clicking behind HVAC controls.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Buddy R
New User
Fuse Block

Originally Posted by Rose88racing
any luck on finding problems? Mine is worse this week than ever...pulled GEM no signs of moisture, now speedometer is bouncing, truck down shifts like it's in tow mode, clicking noise under driver side battery where brake lines go into a junction box, also clicking behind HVAC controls.

I know this thread has been open for a while, but hopefully this will help someone else.

I had this happen about a year ago and this morning I walked outside to hear my blower running. A year ago, mine progressed to the point that I couldn't shut off my engine and the dash lights would stay on, with the key out.

The first time this occured, I found that I had a leak, which I thought was fixed, but now it appears not. The leak from the windshield or bcab lights was dripping on the fuse block under the dash.(if I can find my photos I will post a few). I ended up completely disassembling the fuse block and cleaning the inside plates to remove corrosion that was forming an electrical bridge between connections, allowing power to flow with the ignition off.

This stopped my issue for about a year, but I guess the leak wasn't fixed, so now the bridge must be under construction again.

Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited by Buddy R; 04-09-2019 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Additional information
The following users liked this post:
Old 11-16-2019, 02:00 PM
GHRT
New User
Hello,I have 2003 Ford f-150 Lariet has 90,000 miles,Just went down the road for visit,stopped engine an blower fan motor kept running?Kinda thought this was strange so decided to go for short drive an warm up truck as has been snowing and minis 4 celcius here today,got about 3 miles down the highway and truck acted up,would only rev between 500 and 1000 rpm's,ended up limping down next 3 miles at a whopping 6 to 10 mph as truck would not go any faster,and no engine lights lit up on dash.ended up coming to a stop as thought could smell like a burning plastic or something,backed truck up 50 feet,sat there turned truck off checked under hood.couple minutes later tried truck again,it started an rev'd up so I drove back home as quick as could and it worked ok an made it back.Now when sitting in driveway an turn key to on position then wait a few seconds can hear like a relay sounds like coming from lower drivers side engine compartment.Turned key off an on a dozen times,worked ok 10 times then all of a sudden blower fan came back on.So I disconnected battery cable and came inside to look for help here.there is a fuse panel under drivers side an also fuse panel or relays under hood on drivers side.Do I need replace stuff orwhat?any help much appreciated.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:58 PM
Mfeik0088
New User
Ac blower

Originally Posted by Rongold
Check the blower motor relay in the under dash fuse box. If you have a windshield leak, this fuse box gets wet, and it could cause relays to close when they shouldn't. The blower motor is fed through its' relay from a fuse that is hot all the time, so if the relay closed when it shouldn't, the blower will run. When the blower is running, start pulling relays until the blower stops. Leave that one out at night, and see if your problem disappears. If the fuse box is wet, you have to get that windshield fixed, or everything in that fuse box will start to go nuts.

RON
I pulled all the relays and my fan is still running. If I pull the fuse, either the one I'm the cab or under the hood the fan stops. Besides that the only way to turn it off is to turn the switch to off. Any ideas

Old 10-24-2020, 10:01 PM
Dave White Eagle
New User
Electrical Gremlins.

I appreciate this forum & this thread. Seems a lot of us are having the same issue. I’m gonna have to see if I can find this GEM & check it as well as the fuse/relay panel for water damage.
what I’m dealing with:
*Blower comes on by itself, when truck is parked & turned off, key out, doors locked.
* this unwanted blower function, drains battery dead.
*service engine soon light is on. Code reader says PO500. Recommends changing ignition warning chime switch.
*speedometer occasionally goes haywire & Needle bounces All over the place.
*when truck is running in park, every few minutes It makes a horrible sound like as if someone tried turning the Key to start while it’s already running.
*after it does the “someone tried to start it while it’s already running” sound, a few times it then makes another crazy sound as if the flywheel is going,
*the ABS light comes on intermittently. Even when it’s on, Code reader shows no fault with SBS.
*Occasionally after driving & parking. Truck will not start just Cranks & cranks as if no gas. Fuel pump was replaced 1 year show After replacing fuel filter problem went away for a little while. Then came back. I think this is related to the God Forsaken PATS system but that’s another story...

gonna see if I can find this GEM & check for water in the fuse box/relay panel.

Old 10-25-2020, 11:48 AM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Received 874 Likes on 726 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave White Eagle
I appreciate this forum & this thread. .. snip .....
It might help if explicitly identify what you are working on....

Old 11-02-2023, 10:37 AM
Fordtruck8869$
1st Gear
I am having this problem and am wondering if you ever figured out the problem.Cheers.

Old 12-11-2023, 12:35 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,441 Likes on 937 Posts
Originally Posted by FarmingF250
Little update:

Also having my "chime" come on repeatedly (the door open while driving / parking brake left on etc on)

Pulling fuses or relays under on the "knee" fuse panel did not stop the blower.

I could hear clicking like crazy, sort of under the A/C vent to the right of the gauges. I took the dash apart. There are three relays under the dash under a cover. Wiggled those some and it stopped, wiggle some more and the blower would start up on it's own then stop again. click click click.

Hoping this is it...
Same here,

started with 5x5 abs chimes, then that went away and got the blower motor staying on issue

I had the windshield replaced, then Pulled fuse box & Gem, no signs of water or corrosion, dried them out with heater inside for a few days, and truck did not get rained on for a few weeks.

Truck got rained on yesterday, now the random clicking under the dash is happening, I've heard the vac. pump come on a few times, and I'm back to randomly getting the 5 sets of 5 chime while driving. I'm not comfortable tearing apart that fuse box, thinking of trying the re-man guy on ebay.