Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Lost Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 12:44 PM
papaducky
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost Mileage

I installed a new exhaust system, everything is 5" except for the down pipe from the turbo, after installing this my mileage dropped from 18 to 15, I have a lot more power than before, but not sure I need the loss of MPG. Can someone please explain what happened???

I have also installed an Edge Attitude with Juice. With the unit set on the mileage mode I can get back to 18 mpg but was expecting a lot better bang for the buck.

Also I am looking for a turn down exhaust tiip that will fit my 5" exhaust, does anyone know where to find this animal.

Thanks

Old 11-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Fis Teck
Mountain Pass
I have been readig that the 5 inch can cause a milage drop where the 4 inch does not. If you are wanting to get the useage if the 5 inch exhaust must be a hi horse power mod.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:02 PM
papaducky
New User
Thanks, wish I would have know that before.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:02 PM
wlihntr
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the drop is probably due to the heavier right foot you now have exploring your new found power. plus if you live in an area that gets cold in the winter the "winter blend" fuel will lower MPG.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:06 PM
papaducky
New User
You could be right about the foot, but I drive with the cruise control alot. Live in AZ, not getting much cold weather here.

Thanks.

Old 11-27-2005, 02:27 PM
magnum300
Senior User
you may use cruise alot, but how heavy is your foot getting up to speed?

Old 11-27-2005, 07:04 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
Originally Posted by papaducky
I installed a new exhaust system, everything is 5" except for the down pipe from the turbo, after installing this my mileage dropped from 18 to 15, I have a lot more power than before, but not sure I need the loss of MPG. Can someone please explain what happened???

I have also installed an Edge Attitude with Juice. With the unit set on the mileage mode I can get back to 18 mpg but was expecting a lot better bang for the buck.

Also I am looking for a turn down exhaust tiip that will fit my 5" exhaust, does anyone know where to find this animal.

Thanks
http://store(dot)airflo(dot)com/chrome-exhaust.html
copy and paste this link and put the dots where they belong and you will see a bunch of downturned tips like what you would see on a tour bus... i was thinking about putting something like this on my rig when i do the exhaust...