Aerostar Ford Aerostar

AEROSTAR Wiper Blades...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 04:50 AM
Ed
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up AEROSTAR Wiper Blades...

Now that winter has once again arrived, and those of us not in the snowbelt regions of the USA, will have 3 to 5+ months of RAIN. I was wondering, what do you like for wiper blades on your Aerostars? 22" blades on the front windshield. My question is, what brand have you found that works best? Easy to remove and install? What brand lasts long, and what is junk? Lastly, what brand of wipers do you use, and what is better? = replacing the rubber only (refills) or is it better to replace the complete arm, (blade) which has a new rubber part already a part of the assembly? I'm hoping we can get a nice agreement here of what brand of wiper to use, and what type of wiper to use, concerning a important safety item for all of our Aerostars when it's raining outside. Thank You . PS Do you use a "Rain-X" window treatment? If so, why, and what brand do you like or dislike?
Ed

Old 11-24-2005, 05:52 AM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to me that Bosch is one of the best brands, Valeo blades a good too.
The best solution is to use new models of wiper blades made of rubber and plastic inside the rubber, metal parts free... (used for BMW, MB, GM from 2004...)

Old 11-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Bear River
Former ******
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found the Anco to be good, I used the Aerostream line. I liked the fact that Aero was part of the name, and they have worked exceptionally well. I replaced the blade assembly this time, because the old ones where not the same, and one of them was not working right. I will use Anco refills for now.