Just Thinking

Old 11-12-2005, 09:19 PM
beeglej
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Thinking

We all know the gas hybrid systems are getting popular for the small car market.

What about a diesel hybrid that had something like a 5 liter or something that could tow by itself but also a hybrid drive that could asist or do the brunt since electric motors have more torque pound for pound

Or anyone think of a train a diesel generator that powers electric wheel motors.

I don't know but with my semi educated brain I think something like these might work but big oil might try to get rid of it before market

Old 11-13-2005, 09:37 AM
justing
Freshman User
I totally agree with you on the diesel hybrid. Diesels get better gas mileage anyway so if that's the goal they should have started with the right fuel. The probable cause is that there is a stigma that diesels are dirty and loud but that's not really the case anymore, especially if you use biodiesel.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Tom84150
Junior User
From beegleg "Or anyone think of a train a diesel generator that powers electric wheel motors."

If this is in reference to a railroad locomotives, that's exactly what they are: Large diesel engines that generate current for electric wheel motors. See http://travel.howstuffworks.com/diesel-locomotive.htm.

Search this Thread