Taking bets on Greg's dyno numbers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 01:42 PM
gtex
Lead Driver
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
I can't find a C57C, but I found what I think he's referring to at Jegs.

14mm Thread, .750'' Reach, 5/8'' Hex, Washer Seat - Regular Tip

192-12748 C57CX Race Plug; 1/pkg $3.69

Old 10-28-2005, 01:44 PM
gtex
Lead Driver
PLugs are in the order of cylinders. like you're looking at the engine from the front. 1-4 then 5-8.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:01 PM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Beemer Nut
Russ....correction on last nights post, hope i didn't offend, you want number 1 and i'll take number 2 on the FTE A.D.D. club member list?
I just completed the deal with that crap 427 block, I added a 391 crank and 427 flywheel, in return buyer paid me $1,600. Live and learn or is it love and learn or love and hate or love and war? I had love (stupid me) and war before.
.....=o&o>.....
Oh No Bro!! ya didnt **** me off at all...Hell its just a number..I figured you or Greg would get #1 or #2 anyway..I think you guys drink more than I do?? LMAO!! Yeah right!! No biggy I'am content with being #2.. #6 , #99 ...

I see your getting close to the $2500 magic Number!! Way to go!!

Russ

Old 10-28-2005, 06:08 PM
gtex
Lead Driver
Now you hurt my feelings Russ. I was on the wagon for almost three months and you still think I'm number 1? I'll admit, I stepped off the wagon. And, I'm tinking about getting back on. I was defeinitely more productive. Man, I must be bad.....

Anyway, the Keith Craft recommended Champion plugs are on the way. Won't be until wednesday that I get a chance at the dyno or the track. Im optimistic this is a fix. Based on the track performance and what the dyno techs saw.

who's gettng schnockered tonight?

Old 10-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Scouder
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gtex
Gawd! Not me! A couple of weeks ago I went to Casper, Wy and hooked up with a bunch of IT Engineers, Designers and Reps and found our way to a nudie bar outside of town. The place kinda reminded me of the Vampire bar in the Quentin Tarantino movie "Dusk til Dawn". To make a long story shorter, one of them ended up laying on the stage with the girls dancing around him, another was passed out on the floor, and I was keeping my back to the wall. Seems like every time I go to that town I end up with a hangover.

I've had enough for a while!

-Scouder

Old 10-28-2005, 06:58 PM
gtex
Lead Driver
Well, I'm off to do what every self-respectin' Texan does on a fall Friday night.

Watch high school football. My Alma-Mater is undefeated, 8-0.

laters

Old 10-28-2005, 11:36 PM
fordeverpower
Postmaster
I think i Beat Larry by 1hp as I called a 27% drivetrain loss on 500hp, just happens to be 365hp at the wheels, look it up, ask Greg.

As for the FTE A.D.D member, I acknowldge Carl is the founder and me as #1 as i was the first to admit/join.

FTE A.D.D member

Old 10-28-2005, 11:44 PM
Scouder
Posting Guru

Let's let him finish tuning before we claim our victories. He has more left in it.

-Scouder

Old 10-28-2005, 11:46 PM
fordeverpower
Postmaster
http://www.fordtrucks.com/forums/sho...66&page=4&pp=5

this should be proof!

FTE A.D.D member

Last edited by fordeverpower; 10-28-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:35 AM
parkerusmc
Junior User
fordeverpower, you called it! I'm a little late getting to this but I was putting in my cam and putting my heads on. I was expecting around 400 with you being in the 13's, hopefully next week

Old 10-29-2005, 12:47 AM
fordeverpower
Postmaster
i didn't quite call it but its closest so far. I 'd just like to say all dyno's are not the same, and the saying the dyno never lies is BS! Its my understanding that even the pressure on the straps is a variable. while I was in Ohio, at the university of northwestern ohio, they ran some vehicles on the schools chassis dyno. I think the brand is dynojet, anyways the torque readings were like twice what they should be. Granted nobody at the school really knew how to run it, and we don't believe its calibrated correctly.

Maybe you can't calibrate, i am not a dyno expert by anymeans. But i do recommend using the same dyno, flowbench, etc to at least keep that variable constant, when looking for improvement.

FTE A.D.D member

Old 10-29-2005, 01:07 AM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Give Greg some slack until Wednesday next week for his dyno pulls, his results will blow us away or maybe suck, time will tell.
.....=o&o>.....

FTE A.D.D. member

Last edited by "Beemer Nut"; 10-29-2005 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:29 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gtex
Now you hurt my feelings Russ. I was on the wagon for almost three months and you still think I'm number 1? I'll admit, I stepped off the wagon. And, I'm tinking about getting back on. I was defeinitely more productive. Man, I must be bad.....

Anyway, the Keith Craft recommended Champion plugs are on the way. Won't be until wednesday that I get a chance at the dyno or the track. Im optimistic this is a fix. Based on the track performance and what the dyno techs saw.

LOL, Greg, Little Bro didnt meen to Hurt your fealings... and as far as getting snockered last night?? thats why I was in bed a 9pm...LOL.. Hell I almost fell of the the lawn tractor!!

And the way it should be.... Larry was Founder Of A.D.D. and we all just fall in after that....So we all know who should be on the list!! LOL..I dont think there's any need for #s...its up to you guys!! Larry see what the hell ya started!! LOL..

Russ
A.D.D. Member

Last edited by RapidRuss; 10-29-2005 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:43 PM
pcmenten
Posting Guru
I use extended tip plugs in Fords and Dodges. I had a car that just wouldn't run on Champions but ran great on Autolites, a Toyota with high miles. It was a real lesson for me.

I wonder if Greg's getting a high RPM misfire, an ignition problem.

Old 10-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Spaznaut
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe take a video of the dyno pull? Would love to see and hear it.

Quick Reply: Taking bets on Greg's dyno numbers!