Sponsored by:

Wiper Motor Madness!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 01:42 PM
bill in md.
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiper Motor Madness!

Howdy, My son has a 90' Eddie Bauer edition Bronco. The wiper motor runs only in the hi speed mode. We changed the wiper control switch to a new one and still have the same situation. We then went to the salvage yard (out back of my house!) and retreived a wiper motor known to be good. It also runs only in the hi speed mode. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, bill in md.

Old 10-25-2005, 04:22 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The wiper control also has a time delay relay that controls the frequency of the intermittant settings and then latches on to provide the low speed setting. If you listen carefully and its functioning, you should be able to hear it clicking over near the passenger side of the firewall if the intermittant setting is run up to just below the "low" setting. If you don't hear it, chances are the relay or the connections to it have failed. You should be able to find the relay by looking for the same color wires that run to the wiper motor (WHITE, BLACK-PINK, DARK BLUE-ORANGE, RED)

Old 10-26-2005, 12:47 PM
bill in md.
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Greystreak! I'll pass this along to the kid and let you know how it comes out. bill