Sponsored by:

Super Chip / Jet Performance, Etc...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Bagmanners
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super Chip / Jet Performance, Etc...

Do any of ya’ll have any experience with either of these products, or something similar? I have a 93 EB / 351 that I’m considering applying one of these products to. Truck is in great shape all around. No major mods – and none planned. I’ve done the K&N filter & Flowmaster exhaust. I’m not out to set any HP records, and have no illusions about what to expect from these types of upgrades. I’m just looking to add a little snap, and perhaps just firm-up those shift points as well. All input is welcome – Thanks in advance!

Old 10-24-2005, 04:35 PM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
those chips are worthless with out other mods to the rig. plus many of them require 93octane or wont kick in till WOT.

what kinda flowmaster exhaust? getting rid of the stock exhaust manifolds for some headers, get a bassini Y pipe with hiflow cats then 3" exhaust out thru stock location would give you a great seat of the pants feel. also a good tune up running copper autolites or motorcraft plugs, some ford 9mm wires and msd tfi coil part# 8227 with plugs gapped to .55 then pump the timing to 12* btdc with the spout connector removed.

how many miles are on your motor?

Old 10-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Bagmanners
Freshman User
Not sure on the actual part number for the muffler. Had it done locally. The exhaust was the only place rusting on this truck. I had planned to do a Cat-back, but both Cats were intact so I reckon I figured I'd save a little money. So that restriction is still in place. I appreciate the input on the plugs / wires & tunning. Sounds reasonably inexpensive. Currently, I've about 148K miles on the truck, original motor. Knock on wood - she's given me next to no trouble thus far.

Old 10-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
a cat back would not have affected your cats. a cat back is changing the exhaust from where that cat ends to the tail pipe. also 1 hi flow cat can replace 2 stock cats legally. i also suggest some headers. improve a little mpg as well

Old 10-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Goodsath
Junior User
Jet Chip in use

On the original question of the chips. I used a jet chip when they first came out. It did improve the shift points and helped for towing power. It also droped my MPG. I was one of the first to install in the Bronco (93 351W) they have you mount it in the inside of the engine compartment. The first time in the water the chip shorted out and sent my computer into a spasm. I had to remove it to get my truck back to normal. I called the factory and we worked out a quick fix. Turn it upside down and mount it inside the cab of vehicle. They should have upgraded the chips alot since then. They do work for what you are in need of. This was one of the first upgrades I started with. It wont end there you will always want more. Good luck