6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Interior shot?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 06:37 PM
FSeries Dude
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Batgeek I'm sure they will still offer the floor mounted shifter. I think it comes standard unless you order the ESOF. Then you get the switch lever and the drivers side glovebox.

Old 12-04-2005, 06:58 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
and the drivers side glovebox.
IMO that is one of the best items they have ever added!

Old 12-04-2005, 08:29 AM
FSeries Dude
Freshman User
I think it is a great idea as well.

Old 12-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Batgeek
More Turbo
Hope your right Dude.I don't really mind the ESOF if they also included auto hubs. Whats the point in being able to shift on the fly if you still have to hop out to lock the hubs? I really hope the preserve the truck feel the Super Duty.It really gets to me when someone does a review and describe a truck as having a car like feel like it's a good thing. A truck should always feel like a truck and look like a truck. I know that a lot of people driving trucks today don't use them as trucks anymore, but as some sort of macho status symbol. It's these people that have been driving the truck market away from the working man needs. The big three up to now appear to be trying to appease everybody by making compromises. This is what they seem to be doing with this interior. If you need to remind me that I'm driving a Superduty by stamping across the dash thats a problem. My fear is that they wil go to far and start making a truck that only caters to luxury minded.

Old 12-04-2005, 02:17 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see how a 'working man' would not like a nicer ride even when the truck is MORE CAPABLE than previous models. And the ESOF does include auto hubs with a manual backup as far as i know. they say 'auto' and 'lock'.

Old 12-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Batgeek
More Turbo
My bad, I checked with my buddy at Ford he said they do have the auto locking hubs as an option included with the ESOF, but most people don't get them because they gum up easy with mud and water. I'm a working man and I would love a nicer ride as long as I can afford it. Ever since trucks became trendy with the yuppy crowd they keep going up in price. Why buy a 4x4 if you are never going to use it? This helps me out alot in the resale area, but when it comes to buying new it kills me. As far as the interior I could not care less about how it looks, I care more about how it stands up and works. Looking pretty does not do me any good if it breaks down and looks like crap after 3 years of working in it. Thats why I say give me the pillar gauges they're useful, the controls clear and keep rest of the interior smooth and simple.

Old 12-05-2005, 10:03 AM
FSeries Dude
Freshman User
Well it seems that these trucks are becoming the alternative to the SUVs and minivans as people and cargo haulers. I have noticed how all trucks have been getting better and better interiors as the popularity of SUVs had gotten greater. I dont think I would have ever considered getting a pickup until I decided I wanted a 5th wheel. After taking an 05 Lariat DRW 4x4 for a test drive the truck really impressed me on how much better it rode then my current Explorer. I dont need too much tech stuff in the truck since I have enough toys that I carry. But at least for me having the controls on the steering wheel would be nicer so I dont have to look over at anything. Sure leather seats would be great but dont need them as a deal breaker.

You are right the prices are becoming out of sight with a PSD coming up to 50k and over. I never thought I would see a HD pickup going for the same price as an Escalade.

Old 12-05-2005, 10:08 AM
FSeries Dude
Freshman User
Although I can agree with you on that Super Duty stamp on the airbag compartment. I already knew I was driving a Super Duty when I had to get a step ladder to get into the thing lol.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Batgeek
More Turbo
Anybody remembers the late 70's and 80's how every car had the model name stamped on the dash somewhere. Wow, fads do come back around. I didn't see an in dash navigation unit in the pictures, at least they still know we men don't need directions ha ha. It's no doubt an option.

Old 12-05-2005, 08:51 PM
NickFordMan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm against auto hubs, and ESOF. Give me manual locking hubs, and a floor shifter in a manual transmission truck. That's a real truck.
I think stock A-pillar gauges would a be a very nice option.

Old 12-09-2005, 08:33 PM
DD1684
Elder User
I really hope Ford doesn't put those huge goofy fender flares on the '07s. They look horrible. I'm still resenting how they had to do it to the 05/06 450s and 550s for the turning radius (wider axles). Looks terrible. Hopefully this next truck retains its slightly conservative styling that has been a big selling point for FoMoCo.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:03 AM
RotGrubestier44
Elder User
Its just too bad they don't ever seem to listen to us when they make they make their products. If they did that, I can almost bet you engines like the perfect little 300 straight six, and the 7.3 Power Stroke would still be in production, and they wouldn't have had the embarassment of the first generation 6.0 Power Stroke hanging over their heads. You may discredit that, but first see how many diesel guys have forgotten the problems people went through with the 6.0. Its funny, I have a 4.9L EFI in my 94 with 194,000 mi. on it. I know of someone with a 4.6 who had costly breakdowns at under 100,000mi.
Sorry to go off topic there, I guess what I'm tryin to say is, if it ain't broke don't fix it. And if you do decide to change somethin' FoMoCo... ASK US FIRST!!!

Old 12-22-2005, 12:45 PM
gotdiesel
Senior User
both motors had to be replaced due to emissions. If fuel economy and emissions had not become such a problem the 300 and 7.3 would still be for sale here. Ive still got one of each and would buy more of both if still available.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:51 AM
RotGrubestier44
Elder User
I'm still off topic, but I feel you on that GotDiesel. Emissions is another touchy subject with me... but this ain't church. I'm sure whatever FORD decides to do, it will be intended for our best intrests+ their most profitable option.

Last edited by RotGrubestier44; 12-23-2005 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:34 AM
blueeyes2478
Elder User
The all mighty DOLLOR.

Quick Reply: Interior shot?