Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Peterborough Area - which Ford dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 03:43 PM
RangerWask
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peterborough Area - which Ford dealer

Hey guys, I need to take my truck to the dealer to have it hooked up to the computer. Im getting EGR codes, but as far as is known there is no EGR valve actually on my 4.0 Ranger. So... it has to be one of the other 3.5 million sensors on the engine..

Anyone had expereince with Holiday (ptbo) or Polito Ford (Lindsay)? Im looking for the cheapest computer hook up to get the codes and hopefully I can do the repairs on my own...

THANKS!

Matt

Old 10-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the Ontario Chapter !!!

I heard a radio commercial for Mr.Transmission not long ago claiming that they would read the codes for free. Maybe they meant for the tranny only???? There's rumour that the large name parts stores will do it for free also. Make some calls before you shell out to a dealer.
If you click on "User CP" in the blue ribbon near the top of the page, you can edit your info to include what town you live in and create a signature that may or may not say what year your Ranger is.
Click away on all the little things you see here at FTE. This site is loaded with hidden features just waiting to be discovered.
AL.

Old 10-14-2005, 08:09 AM
RangerWask
Junior User
Thanks for the tip Al, I actually used to be on FTE a long time ago. I think I used to come to the Ontario board as well. My old username was Wask, but for the life of me I dont know the password or what email I was using at the time...

THANKS!

Old 11-15-2005, 07:15 AM
lancer
Elder User
I think either one would be fine. I would go to whoever is closest to you. Good luck!