Sponsored by:

fuel pump ground connection location 90 Bronco

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 12:04 PM
rulam
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel pump ground connection location 90 Bronco

Is the fuel pump ground connection location accessible w/o removing the fuel tank?

Thanks,

Rick

Old 10-05-2005, 04:07 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If, and this is a BIG IF, the ground is run on the 90 models as it is on later models the ground remains in the wiring harness all the way back up into the engine bay on the left side of the uppr radiator support. The connector to the in-tank unit includes the ground so that all you need to do to drop the tank is disconnect the four-pin connector at the tank.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:49 PM
rulam
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope I don't have to drop it.

Thank you Greystreak92. I hope your if is correct and I can get access to the ground up front. I might get lucky and reestablish the ground w/o having to drop the tank. Even though I had a new tank and skid plate installed about 5 years ago. The nuts that hold the skid plate and tank are extremely rusted (northern Oho winter salt). I've been soaking them in penetrating oil for the last month just in case I'm forced to remove the tank.

The old Bronco is my utility vehicle around our property. Has 250,000+ miles on it and still runs great (when the fuel pump works). I like it better than my new Tahoe. I wish they still made them.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:55 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rulam
I wish they still made them.
You and a few hundred other people, myself included. We keep hoping that Ford will sever the rectal-cranial bond someday a bring her back in modern form with the old attitude of strength and durability instead of soccer-mom-friendliness.