Sponsored by: DP Tuner

I think I am a bit screwed with this cab light situation....:(

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 04:40 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Cool I think I am a bit screwed with this cab light situation....:(

Well I finally got around to installing my cab clearance lights today. Everything is going fine, I get the a pillars off, take the overhead display down (a little scary because I woulda sworn that thing was going to break but it didn't), Pop the front of the headliner down and expose the wiring harness. I look at the harness that came in the box and it only has the connections for the cab lights...nothing for my lighted mirrors or my computer!!! Dangit!!!
Here is the one in the kit...
I emailed the guy I bought them off on ebay but I'm sure he isn't gonna have the right harness. He just has a basic kit.
Here is the one in my truck...

UGH!!!
Now I have my truck half apart, thank God I didn't drill holes first, but damn I wanted to get this done today. Oh well, I guess I will finish wiring up my heated signal mirrors the. My truck looking like a real truck is going to have to wait a little longer I guess.....

Old 05-02-2008, 04:44 PM
bandlgeorge
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks. Sorry for the delay. Cab lights are something I'm interested in doing eventually. I agree, makes them look like a real truck. At least you will get to enjoy the heated mirrors. How much was the cab light kit if you don't mind?

Old 05-02-2008, 04:47 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Got it off eBay for $89.95 plus shipping. Guys here have said that there are sponsors that have them for around $60. I got mine as a Christmas present to myself and was a bit too anxious to get them to look around elsewhere.

Here is the set I got:

eBay Motors: FORD F250 F350 CAB CLEARANCE LIGHTS NEW * OEM * (item 110249010049 end time May-11-08 12:50:45 PDT)

Old 05-02-2008, 04:50 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Jason, cab lights and mirrors will work of the same brown wire. (parking lights), now if you want to get fancy and have the mirrors blink, then you will have to trace out the green and yellow wires. (you are using the exact same color wires as your 4 way flat trailer wiring.) (if you computer is already hooked up, just leave it, and run new 18ga wire from the cab lights down to the pax lower kick panel and you will see a brown, and a black wire. tap into those and you are good to go. (brown is parking light + and black is ground.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:51 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Darn Jason. I know how you feel. I know I need to ask more questions when ordering thing. But most of the time I forget what to ask. lol

You will get it right.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:52 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Yeah Brandon, I want them to blink too. I have all the wires from the mirrors hooked and run to the fuse box right now. Did that months ago. It's just curled up under there waiting to be finished. i'm going to wait for my neighbor to get home and get him to help. He's better than me with electrical. Thanks for the help though.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:54 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Jason, I ordered cab lights from him (i'm pretty positive it was him) and put them on my old truck. He sent me the wrong harness as well. I believe that he works at a Ford dealership though, because I called him and he was checking part numbers on the computer. He did send me the right harness though and he is a nice guy.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:58 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Does the look of total disappointment say it all or what??

Old 05-02-2008, 05:19 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
(in my best Nedermeyer voice) Quit yer whinin, and get your A$$ out there and make it work. Dammit boy I am almost disappointed in you. that connector is nothing but a plug and play POS. My daddy walked to school in the snow, uphill,both ways,with lions chasing him, and he didnt have no plug and play harness, but by God when he carved his first truck from a fallen tree, he had cablights. Dont make me come up there! Or at least Ill sic Caylin on you.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by HKusp
Does the look of total disappointment say it all or what??

I just have to comment on the impressive goatee...

I'm sorry but that's one hell of a flavor saver!

Sorry, back to the subject at hand. Just hard wire that sucker in there!

Old 05-02-2008, 05:56 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Smokin'

I just have to comment on the impressive goatee...

I'm sorry but that's one hell of a flavor saver!

Sorry, back to the subject at hand. Just hard wire that sucker in there!
Lisa thats nothin'. I trimmed it down quite a bit right after Superbowl. It was and will be again, waaay longer than that.

Originally Posted by bdrummonds
(in my best Nedermeyer voice) Quit yer whinin, and get your A$$ out there and make it work. Dammit boy I am almost disappointed in you. that connector is nothing but a plug and play POS. My daddy walked to school in the snow, uphill,both ways,with lions chasing him, and he didnt have no plug and play harness, but by God when he carved his first truck from a fallen tree, he had cablights. Dont make me come up there! Or at least Ill sic Caylin on you.
Done deal Brandon. Before you typed it, I and my neighbor were out there breaking the plastic plug and pulling that harness apart. One butt connector and it's done. We are gonna drill the holes tomorrow after putting some rocks in for a shed for our other neighbor. Thanks for not sicking Caylin on me. She's little but feisty and mean.
Now the content look. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:11 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I went through the exact same deal about seven years ago. Ended up doing the exact same thing. Stripped the plugs out of the harness and made it work.

You know what they call a goatee in the joint right??????

Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie88
You know what they call a goatee in the joint right??????
I've been waiting patiently for someone else to bite, but since no one will, then No. I don't know what they call it. Care to enlighten me?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:21 PM
xgatorx1976
Senior User
Find a billy goat on a farm, and look at its goatee.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:27 PM
randomhero1172
Posting Guru
I just got done doing that - the install went easy. I do not have an overhead console - so i only needed to simple wiring harness. if you have some $ and really wanna get it done run by the dealership tomorrow (i know! they suck) and pick up the right harness - if the guys nice maybe he will switch em up for you. (there is no returns or exchanges on electrical wiring from ford) goodluck! when u get em on, they look great

Quick Reply: I think I am a bit screwed with this cab light situation....:(