Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Hurricane Coming

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 12:06 PM
MemOrex
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurricane Coming

I didnt know there was a hurricane coming to texas coast until yesterday. My buddy, as well as many others, are all buying water and food and stuff. I guess they are scared that we might flood out? I live in bryan and I think its just gonna be some hard rain, but no catastrophe...at least not in bryan

Old 09-21-2005, 12:18 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
shoot, Bryan should be fine...i'd be more worried along the coastline. its at least what, 80 miles from the coast to B/CS? i figure the campus is pretty safe, as well as the rest of the "metroplex". yeah, its all pretty flat, but from what i remember theres usually pretty good drainage ditches....i don't think theres anything to worry about. I'm not worried here in SA....prolly get some decent rain, and i'm sure i'll be busy with the Fire Department this weekend as well....

Old 09-21-2005, 01:15 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Yep, for those on the coast, it's time to battin' the hatches and board up the winders'. I'm from Houston-born&bred, and all the little cities surrounding it. Good luck to all ya'll, especially Seabrook and the surrounding areas.

Old 09-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Big Orn
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Just got off the phone with my father who lives in Lake Jackson. They've boarded up the windows and cut out. Said they're in a traffic jam - four lanes - in Houston...gonna be there a while it looks like.

Glad he decided to get gone.

Old 09-21-2005, 06:59 PM
MemOrex
Postmaster
Holy hell. My class was cancelled today, as well as tomorrow,... so on the way home, I stop by the grocery store. Sure enough, it was packed. Out of water, bread, and batteries. Very low on batteries. Oh, and when I went in, there was no shopping carts left. I guess some people arent taking any chances!!

Old 09-21-2005, 07:23 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
haha! i remember when i was there 02-03, the power went out all over B/CS! it was great. giant party all over campus for like 5 hours.....cancelled classes the rest of the day, the Corps....WHOOP! good times

Old 09-21-2005, 07:49 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Shoot, I'm stuck here in houston. No gas anywhere near me so the gas guzzeler trucks won't get me far.

Might as well go to the Hurricane party the apt manager is throwing.

Chris

Old 09-21-2005, 08:01 PM
MemOrex
Postmaster
redstroker, i remember that day I dont think we can party when its POURING outside though, lol. I dont think its gonna be to bad...just some heavy rain, and winds. Cant say the same for coast cities ,though.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:21 PM
70blue
Postmaster
I hope this storm peters out but I don't think it will. I wish you all good luck especially those on the coast. I will be thinking of you. Stay safe.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Hey, all you folks take care.

Chris, you be extra carefull, if that thing does hit Houston, you won't be parting too much.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Lead_Foot
More Turbo
Why not just hitch a ride with someone whos gettin out, just tell them you'll put all the gas from your gas guzzler in there vehicle, in exchange for gettin you the hell out of dodge. Your life is worth far more than any posessions. I live in cali, so when we get a natural disaster, its a earthquake, usually theyre small and i jus sleep right through em.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:45 PM
mikecarson
Senior User
You can walk faster than traffic is moving right now.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:12 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Guy's I wish you all the best I really do hope that the extent of your damage is less than what i've seen first hand last week when I went down to Biloxi last week to help out with some bobcats and chainsaws. Please leave if it is at all possible, and if you are outside the dander zones get prepared to help out those that get blasted by Rita, besure to have had a tetnus in the last 5yrs and and tireplug kit handy cause those roofing nails will be everywhere.

I am working with the Cincinnatti Ohio Salvation Army and a group of 40 tool rental owners in getting clean-up equipment sent to D'lberville. I may be able to get something going for you guy's down there if needed .

Please let me know, And I will try my best. Good luck all

Btw heres a good link for some current pic's of your state.

**** click here for Current satilite pics of Rita and Texas coastline ******

Old 09-22-2005, 07:40 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
All the side arms are loaded now. The 12 guage is also ready to go. Looks as though I will have to ride it out no matter what. Not to worried about me but please pray for the wife and daughter.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:13 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
i know you'll keep your family as safe as you can. be it safe from man or nature. my prayers are with you and my family up in Livingston. can you belive it, they are gonna shut down the Wal-Mart there! say, is there a determined area of landfall that is proposed? i've heard several different things. good luck buddy, watch your 6.

Quick Reply: Hurricane Coming