Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Chapter Direction

Old 09-03-2005, 09:28 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chapter Direction

I think we are headed in the right direction we just need to keep doing what we're doing. I would like to see the Missouri chapter be the best on FTE, we just have some more work to do. I would like everyone to help in reaching out to new members. We can make use of the spotter's cards, word of mouth, and there is also a flier around here(i think Mil1ion has a copy). Lets all try to take a proactive approach. If you know another Ford truck guy tell him about the site and chapter. If you see someone at the gas station or store or anywhere let them know about the site and chapter. Lets keep having meets no matter how many people show up, eventually more will start coming. If anyone wants to set up a meet in their area feel free. If you here of an event in your area (car/truck show, races, swap meet, off-road event) post it up here so everyone knows about it. I have a few ideas you can all let me know what you think, they might be something we would need more members for but I'll throw them out anyway.

Junkyard day: I think this was originally eknispels idea. Find a good junkyard that a group of people can go to. Help each other find and remove needed parts or just look around. Kinda geared towards the people with older trucks.

Wrenching day: A member with a shop or big driveway can have everyone over to work on their trucks. The more mechanically inclined members can help other members learn how to work on their own vehicles a little better.

Car/truck show- Race day: everyone attend an event together.

These are really just themed meets but might be fun to do. I think we are still a ways off from a state wide meet but we will get there. Everyones help is greatly appreciated. Anyone other ideas are more than welcome. I think we have a good core and just need to keep growing from here.

Sorry for being so long and thanks again for everyones support.

Scott

Old 09-04-2005, 08:30 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got some good ideas there, and the right mindset for moving forward. I'm pretty much always available, and have a few old trucks sitting around out here, mostly 67-79. Anyone wants to come on up is more than welcome. Especially with fuel the way it is right now, I have difficulty being able to go much of anywhere. I don't expect anyone to just come to me, so that makes it kinda tough in that respect, but I do have plenty of space and a country setting, as well as years of experience wrenching. My biggest problem for someone coming here ot work on thins is a lack of hard flooring, the only cement on the place is the one stall workshop area, which at this time is taken up with my Cummins project.

Search this Thread