89 F250 Floor Panel???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 01:25 PM
gustaf-dgm
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
89 F250 Floor Panel???

I've got an 89 F250 that the floor near the rocker panel has rotted out and I need to replace. It is the area just inside the weather stripping door seal. Does anyone know where can you get a reapir panel for this?

Thanks!!

PS Anyone want to do a little welding job

Old 08-28-2005, 08:57 PM
rhodie
Senior User
Try www.broncograveyard.com, or any of the other sponsors, lmc truck..... How much of the floor is gone? I've seen this on so many of our era's trucks (mine included). I think that water gets in from the vent (d-side, next to the e-brake) and rots out that channel, usually all the way to the cab corner. If you repair it, I would clean out the bottom of that vent so that it doesn't happen to you again. Crap like leaves gets in there and blocks the hole at the bottom that water is supposed to exit out of. I'm also going to put a screen to cover the grille so leaves don't build up in there.

Anyway, good luck....

Old 09-13-2005, 05:52 PM
loveoldtrux
Senior User
Rhodie - I'm going to shave my vents to eliminate all this mess with the twigs and branches and bugz and stuff. Sound like a good idea?...

Old 09-13-2005, 08:31 PM
rhodie
Senior User
You're talking about the cowl just in front of the windshield, right? The only thing I would be concerned about is if the air that goes through there is also needed by your heater/blower (a/c?). I'm not sure about yours, being a '76. On the early '80s trucks, that cowl and and vent is only to get more fresh air into the cab (if desired).