Tornado Fuel Saver

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 12:42 PM
7DF250
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If something like the Tornado worked so well the car would have one from the factory. Just think how easy it would be for
ford to drop one of those babies on every car instead of doing all that wind tunnel stuff. People are being kinda harsh but its been covered soooo much, the Tornado looks cool and they do some good advertising,kind of like most fishing lures they are designed to catch fishermen not fish,save your money for proven mods.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 76supercab2
It works great!!

It will suck the money right out of your wallet!
Who can dispute the advantages of WWR? Wallet Weight Reduction

Old 08-28-2005, 03:54 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HMMMMM. Computer fans at the import tuner stores... Is that why they sound like weed eaters?

Old 08-28-2005, 04:02 PM
woody_d87
Posting Guru
SSSHHHHHH!! That is their secrets that they don't want to let out onto the street!!

Old 08-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Lead_Foot
More Turbo
finally a way to turn my 460's roar into the high-performance weed eater sound.

Old 08-28-2005, 09:43 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by woody_d87
I have posted this in othe forums to go along the lines with this fuel saver thing. If you really want to increase your MPG's and HP, install a computer fan right after your throttle body to give it the kind of supercharge effect. It's good for atleast 35-40 more horses and an increase in about 60mpg!!
I think I saw one of those at wal mart or something like that for $5. I got 2 and now I have 80 more Hp and 120 more mpg.

They are great, I don't know why I didn't get one sooner.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:13 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Tornado Fuel Saver Junk Junk Junk...sorry just the facts

Old 08-29-2005, 07:28 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
I've recently started watching 2 Guys Garage. It seems that they are getting paid to push it pretty hard.

Mike B

Old 08-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Flash635
Senior User
I found that the computer fans with the LEDs that produce pretty swirley effects when operating give the best gains in horsepower.
I can't speak for mileage increase, that's not relevant when you're hardcore.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:11 AM
7DF250
Elder User
Well I didn't want to to let this secret out, I have been doing alot of research on fuel economy and have stumbled across a free device that can possibly double your MPG if used properly. OK ready...........here it comes........it's..........your right foot!!!! If that wont work for you and you still want exellent MPG buy a Honda.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:51 PM
kontai69
Senior User
The general opinion anywhere you ask is that the Tornado Fuel Saver is 100% snake oil. Anyone you see touting its benefits are being paid to do so. The most definitive test I've seen debunking the effects of the Tornado comes from Car and Driver magazine when they tested one a LONG time ago in a BMW sedan. They ran the car around an oval test track and observed the mileage using computerized equipment. They then repeated the run with the Tornado installed. Their result...NO difference! I also read some technical reasons why it would not work. Basically the swirling motion of the air generated by the Tornado would be dissipated by the time the air makes its way to the throttle body plate. If it does indeed increase mileage, it's because of the restriction of the airflow to your engine. In this case, you would also experience a slight loss in engine power as well.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I actually was gullible and purchased the Tornado when I first got my truck. After further research on the web revealed how useless it was, I returned it. The funny thing I remember is that the Tornado came packaged with several pages of testimonies from "users" (heavy emphasis on the quotation marks) describing how effective it is. It's as if they are trying to brainwash the buyer into thinking that it has any kind of effect. The sad reality is that with the currently high gas prices, alot of people are going to be suckered into trying it out.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:57 PM
JohnAW
Senior User
Originally Posted by 7DF250
Well I didn't want to to let this secret out, I have been doing alot of research on fuel economy and have stumbled across a free device that can possibly double your MPG if used properly. OK ready...........here it comes........it's..........your right foot!!!! If that wont work for you and you still want exellent MPG buy a Honda.

What kind of gas mileage does a Honda get and ask yourself what you want comfort and gas mileage or gas mileage and no no confort?

Old 08-29-2005, 03:17 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by kontai69
The general opinion anywhere you ask is that the Tornado Fuel Saver is 100% snake oil. Anyone you see touting its benefits are being paid to do so. The most definitive test I've seen debunking the effects of the Tornado comes from Car and Driver magazine when they tested one a LONG time ago in a BMW sedan. They ran the car around an oval test track and observed the mileage using computerized equipment. They then repeated the run with the Tornado installed. Their result...NO difference! I also read some technical reasons why it would not work. Basically the swirling motion of the air generated by the Tornado would be dissipated by the time the air makes its way to the throttle body plate. If it does indeed increase mileage, it's because of the restriction of the airflow to your engine. In this case, you would also experience a slight loss in engine power as well.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I actually was gullible and purchased the Tornado when I first got my truck. After further research on the web revealed how useless it was, I returned it. The funny thing I remember is that the Tornado came packaged with several pages of testimonies from "users" (heavy emphasis on the quotation marks) describing how effective it is. It's as if they are trying to brainwash the buyer into thinking that it has any kind of effect. The sad reality is that with the currently high gas prices, alot of people are going to be suckered into trying it out.
A guy I work with bought one for his 94 Chevy truck. Wound up tossing it out. He also tried splitfire plugs and didn't see any increase in horsepower. Told him, he should have bought a real truck!!

Old 08-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cutting a piece of wood, and putting it under your accelerator pedal will help your gas mileage more!!!

Old 08-29-2005, 05:47 PM
woody_d87
Posting Guru
Talking

Originally Posted by Flash635
I found that the computer fans with the LEDs that produce pretty swirley effects when operating give the best gains in horsepower.
I can't speak for mileage increase, that's not relevant when you're hardcore.
Look closer at the package. The ones with the LED's are rated at 50+ HP and are for the XTR3ME user!!

Quick Reply: Tornado Fuel Saver