Any old timers ever hear of "AiRSensors" F.I.?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 07:13 PM
cleatus12r
Butt-Head
Received 1,995 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Any old timers ever hear of "AiRSensors" F.I.?

My brother recently aquired an 85 Chevy that had an engine fire. He told me that it had some weird sort of aftermarket fuel injection on it and that I needed to come look at it.

Well, it was a 4 bbl. throttle body setup with a mass airflow sensor. I had never seen/heard anything about it [AiRSensors] before. But come to find out that it's an open loop system with a 1000 CFM throttle body, 4 injectors, a MAF sensor, and an ECU.

The ECU and about 3 feet of wire is salvageable for sure, and I don't think that the TB was really hurt except the injectors. I can't get much information about the system. I have downloaded an installation booklet, but since the company is now defunct, that's about all I can get.

If anyone has ever messed with this brand of electronic control, I'd love to know because it might be kind of neat to play with. I don't think I'd ever really use it, but since it's something no one else has, it just has that much more appeal. Personnally I like MS&S and have played with it for hours, but I also have a Holley Pro-jection (the OLD 2bbl. analog from 1995) which is 100% archaic but I love it on my 460.

Thanks!!!

Cody