Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Member Expectations

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 09:52 AM
hookedup
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Member Expectations

As a new member to the site and to the MO Chapter, I was wondering what is expected out of members? I think it would help bring in more members if everyone knew what is expected out of them. I have never been part of a club like this and would like to know what I can do to help? One of the biggest problems is that I live so far away from K.C., St. Louis and Jeff City that it is almost impossible to go to a meet. I am sure there are alot of others in the same boat as me. I would love to help out any way I can, just let me and everyone else how we can best do that. Michael

Old 08-14-2005, 01:16 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the only thing expected is to come in here and participate. Why else would you want to join other than participate? If you make it to the get togethers, that's great, if not, that's fine too. The hope is that after a while we can have meetings for the local people to you as well as statewide meets. In order to get any of it going, it requires participation. Posting here on this forum is participation. If for some reason you don't wish to meet people in person, you can stay online here too, it's up to you. The point of the local chapters though is to get people together after building trust online. We don'r expect you to become instant friends by just posting once os such, it all takes time and exposure, which comes with posting. As more people get involved it is easier to find things to talk about. I run out of ideas for just general chat to do here, it is appreciated to keep tech questions in the other forums, but I assure you that noone will jump your case about it if you do in the course of conversation. This is intended more as a social area to get to know the other members that happen to reside in your state.

Old 08-14-2005, 06:25 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think fellro pretty much summed it up. The more people we get to participate online will lead to better off-line activities. As a member it would be helpful to find other people to become members. If you know someone esle in your area that is into Ford trucks tell them about the site. If you click on the members button at the top of the main forum you can get spotters cards that print on business card paper, put them on other peoples vehicles to let them know about the site. This is all optional of course you don't have to do it. I think mini meets will help. All said though, what you want to give to the chapter is all that is required. Keep joining us in the Missouri chapter.