Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Which Chip

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 08:10 PM
dvfd12
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Chip

I am getting ready to scrap my muffler and replace my intake plumbing on my 02 PSD. I was wondering what you all recommend as far as a computer upgrade? I kind of like the Idea of a selectable chip, but wanted you guy's opinion.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:53 PM
edub32
Posting Guru
If you want some extreme performance and you plan on getting more mods I would recommend you getting a custom burned chip...However, if you don't plan on doing any extreme mods like bigger turbo or bigger injectors then a programmer would probably be the best choice. A lot of guys on here (including me) have the Diablo Predator, www.diablosport.com It's a great handheld programmer that has gains up to 100 hp/200 ft lbs. tq. It has a towing setting, 60 hp economy mode, 85 hp performance, and the 100 hp extreme setting. It also can be used as a diagnostic tool and you can adjust your tranny line pressure to firm or hard. I'm very impressed with the Predator. Good luck with your choice!

Old 08-05-2005, 10:04 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
i have the predator also... very nice programer... eventually i am going to get a custom chip setup for my truck with whatever mods i end up with... but for the next few years i will use this... i like the 60 hp setting for dailly driving... the 40hp tow tune is nice... i little boost in power, but not too much to run up your egts too high...one thing though... before you get a tuner OR a chip... get gauges if you don't have them already... you HAVE to have them or you run a real risk of melting something... even on the 60 hp tune.. i can get the egts to climb pretty quick... don't risk hurting your mule... get those gauges..!