1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Interested In 61-66 Project Truck, Need Tips.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 01:46 AM
FordBoypete
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G'Day Cracker,

It's the same ol' story over there, huh?
Some folks want the Image while other folks need the substance. I can empathize with a substance path myself. When a tad of maturity creeps into souls of substance seekers, they usually come up with the most profound or "best" images too, it seems.
The gear heads tend to work at making things work well the way they would like them to, then on that framework they tastefully create an image worthy of their machine.
The Image seekers seem to create profane rather than profound imagery and it has little or no substance to it. it's eye candy for them, while gearheads understand & build real machinery as I said usually of substance 1st them of a better image later.
A vehicle is not a mural or a landscape, it's made to do more than sit around looking at. . . . I'll take the gearheads everytime, probably 'cause I can relate to them and what they build/own/ drive. . . .
My youngest daughter and second youngest son and his son [my grandson] are gearheaded, my other three children, and wife are not. My youngest son, going on 18 doesn't even have or care about a drivers license, let alone a vehicle or any interest in one. Sometimes I think his only interest is in confounding me!
The rest of us go to the NHRA Drags, and SCCA, IMSA, & some NASCAR events & all manner of cruise ins & shows. We all have a good time, the other miss out on it. . .
Oh Well. . . . .

CIAO
FBp

Old 08-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Cracker289
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yes, but then I do give her credit for being willing to do the dirty work and put some hours in, even though all she's thinking about is how nice the car will look and sound. After all she is a girl, and a very girly-girl at that, compared to my youngest that is more of a tom-boy.

My son will be sorry when he starts tooling around in a $600 Honda Civic. hahahaha.