Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Sept. 17th & 18th Lake Days G2G - 4-Wheeling fun at Tuttle

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 05:42 PM
UnderTakr
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant show up for i have other arrangements! I will be at a mud run that weekend. Hopefully runnin our F150 and just might win, who knows!! Anyone is welcome to come up there and watch and enjoy urselfs!! It wont be ran till later in the evening!!

Jeff
P.S. ill post where and when later!!

Old 08-23-2005, 08:27 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
Flip. The bridge that is being worked on is the one from Randolf to Oldsburg that goes across the lake. They did drop a crane off it, but they are also rebuilding the bridge. I think it may be open during the week part time for school kids. Folks coming from the north east would want to come through Waterville or they will have to come down to Manhattan and go back up to Randolf.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:35 PM
klatt_89
Elder User
I probably won't be able to make it, schools just starting and some other things that i have to do like my job and some other things. I'd like to come, but just can't come to this one.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:41 PM
fordthug
Elder User
i'll probably be ther hopefully with my truck

Old 08-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Lifted94XLT
Elder User
JUST FYI -- The weekend that you guys have planned to wheel at TUTTLE will be a VERY BUSY Weekend at the ORV, b/c that's the same weekend that Kansas Krawl III is goin on.... just thought I'd give ya a head up..... and oh yeah, I should be there..... WITH THE EXPLORER!!!! WOO HOO!!

--Ryan

Old 08-24-2005, 12:22 AM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Thats great the more the better. I know a few of those guys and they seem pretty cool. It will be fun to have a lot out there.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:46 PM
fordboy_52
Lead Driver
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
ok, so what when and where?

Matt

Old 08-24-2005, 04:25 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

IT will be that, then and there.

Will post more info in a few days.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Lifted94XLT
Elder User
Originally Posted by fordborn
Thats great the more the better. I know a few of those guys and they seem pretty cool. It will be fun to have a lot out there.
cool, but I mean though, that If you wanna wheel with the Kansas Krawl Group,. then you're gonna have to pay the fee ($35, which includes raffle, door prizes, and dinner).... just lettin everyone know.

--Ryan

Old 08-24-2005, 07:13 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
No need to pay to wheel at Tuttle. The park is open and free of charge to use. Not trying to take anything away from those who like TK enough to pay them money to wheel up there. Just letting folks know the park is a public park and we have just as much right to drive the trails as anyone else.

If TK folks don't want to want to have anything to do with me cause I didn't pay them $35 I guess I'll get over it in time.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Lifted94XLT
Elder User
Originally Posted by HappyJack
No need to pay to wheel at Tuttle. The park is open and free of charge to use. Not trying to take anything away from those who like TK enough to pay them money to wheel up there. Just letting folks know the park is a public park and we have just as much right to drive the trails as anyone else.

If TK folks don't want to want to have anything to do with me cause I didn't pay them $35 I guess I'll get over it in time.
that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying to wheel in the kansas krawl in our groups (easy, medium, hard, extreme, and fullsize) and to get in the raffle, doorprize giveaway and dinner, you have to pay......I'm not saying that you have to pay to wheel in the park. the reason we charge to participate in the Kansas Krawl is b/c we put our own money into settin it up and gettin prizes and tshirts, adn everything made.... and just FYI... "TK folks" (which I resemble) don't think anything like that..... we love to have new people to wheel with, outside of our yearly event that WE put together.... the club's gotta make money somehow.... other than the krawl.... we don't care who wheels with us...... what do you think we are? the Kansas Krawlers or the KC Jeep CLub? hahaha

--Ryan

Old 08-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 106 Likes on 100 Posts
I still plan on going, I'm towing the '65 up and use it, and I have a friend with a scout going with me.... I am sticking to the lower (easy) trails this time.. (less body work)... I think KBKathri is going to bring his escape but won't do a whole lot of wheelin' in it.. he might be looking for a spotting job/ride along/ for him and the 2 kids.
If you guys are looking to do a little mapping the area that might be fun too. I can bring a 4 wheeler (Mines dead but I have access to another).. I don't think the barstool racer would be much good out there.

Are we going to plan on eating/BBQ Saturday night at the campgrounds? If so I'll load up the cooler. :-)

Old 08-29-2005, 11:20 AM
fordborn
Post Fiend

I think yes that a few of us are planning on cooking that night and camping.

Better change the tires on the barstool racer. LOL

Should be plenty of ridding and spotting positions avalible.

I better finish my BII quick.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:56 PM
fordboy_52
Lead Driver
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
doh, my weekends are filling up fast, i am going home this weekend to kill some birds, but i will be here next weekend

Matt

Old 08-29-2005, 03:09 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Kwillie over on the RRORC board is thinking about making this and says he has a boat. But he will need to ride for the 4x4 stuff. Clints airplane flight was cancelled this morning and he won't be home till this evening (crossing fingers). There are a few over on the FSB board who are thinking about it also.

Some updates: I went to Nebraska this weekend and on the way back came down through Randolf. Found 77 closed just west of Riley where it turns south. Detour took me back north 5 miles and west to K-15. As I was head for Wichita I just took K-15 into Newton. Did a search and found that 77 is closed a bit farther south (somewhere between 50 and I-70) also. It may open early but scheduled opening is the last of September. So I plan on taking K-15 when I go up.

So any ideas on the schedule for this outing? I would think the lake part would be at the south end. I would think that camping at Fancy Creek will be crowded Friday night. Might ease up a little on Saturday night with some folks headed back after the end of TK-3.

As I said I'm not much of a lake guy but I could drop by for the cookout that evening and camp out. I have a few dutch overn and a couple of gas grills and propane Coleman stove. Extra campimg gear also. Clint is off work most every Sunday, but has to work many Saturdays. Should know more sometime this week.

Quick Reply: Sept. 17th & 18th Lake Days G2G - 4-Wheeling fun at Tuttle