2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Buckle disconnecting problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 03:51 PM
tracy_lit5
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Mini Buckle disconnecting problem

I can't for the LIFE of me figure out how to disconnect this damned thing.
Here's a picture of it:

The manual says to insert a key or a seat buckle into it to release the latch.
However...nothing will fit into it, from any direction.
I've searched the net, asked the dealer and can't find ANYTHING regarding a "mini buckle" for a Ford. I have a 2005, F150 4x2 SuperCab

Please help before I scream!!!

Old 08-02-2005, 08:27 PM
HankMurphy
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
How It Works In A Regular Cab

In a regular cab with the 40-20-40 split bench, the center lap belt goes into a buckle like this one on the left (driver's) side, and a sliding tang goes into the normal buckle on the right (passenger) side. I am guessing that you are talking about the rear middle seat in your truck - if not, never mind.

The first of your three pictures - of the top, curved part of the buckle - matches what I have in my truck. In the XL regular cab, there is a small - perhaps 1/8" by 1/4" slot in the middle of the curved side. It's located near the flat indentation next to the seat belt anchor webbing. In the XL front center seat, there is a red button inside this slot. Using a key or screwdriver, if one pushes in on this, the latch will release.

In your picture, it looks like they may have gone to a black plastic rather than a red, as it's pretty obvious in my truck. So it would be easy to miss.

Alternatively, they may not allow you to remove it in the rear seat. Since the new regular cabs have that cavernous up-to-5" storage area behind the seats, you do need to remove it if carrying something that could dirty or tear the seat belt. This is not an issue in the cabs which have two rows of seats, and they may not provide the release button. (I only saw references to the regular cab seat belt in the manual where it discussed this procedure.)

I will attempt to take a picture tommorrow if you still have a problem.

Hank Murphy
2005 XL Work Truck

Old 08-02-2005, 08:42 PM
tracy_lit5
New User
Yes, I still have the problem. There is no red marking to insert anything. I even tried a flexible flat think knife to insert...to no avail.

I have the F150 Supercab and I am referring to the middle buckle in the rear seat.

I found that the middle strap had 2 buckles on it. One (without any notch in the square opening of the buckle) would fit in any of the red buttoned holders of the seatbelt. The other one (and it was on the end of the strap) had a tiny notch in the square opening. It would NOT fit in any of the holders with red push buttons. After searching the back seat, I found the smaller black holder for a seatbelt. When I inserted it, it fit,b ut now I can't get it out.

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks,
Tracy

Old 08-03-2005, 09:45 AM
tracy_lit5
New User
We found the problem. You can't insert a key or another buckle to release the latch. The latch release is a very tiny hole (not a slot) on the backside of the buckle. The hole is on the side where the black portion make a large slope. There's a very tiny hole there, and the "tool" to use is an unfolded paperclip.

Well, thanks for your help anyway.
Tracy