Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Help Choose a Tennessee Chapter Logo

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:24 AM
ForceXXI
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats up with the logo? Has the vote taken place yet? Sorry for waking the dead thread but thought this thread warranted being fired back up.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:47 AM
TINY G'S F150
Freshman User
Originally Posted by ForceXXI
Whats up with the logo? Has the vote taken place yet? Sorry for waking the dead thread but thought this thread warranted being fired back up.
I agree, I guess this was forgotten about

Old 11-16-2007, 07:15 PM
George Frasier
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STILL interested !! bumper stickers are not too much and can be made at any sign shop that does magnetic signs AND most sign shops using a 3M vinyl machine. The process is simple with the computer program. As stated earlier, am also interested in T-shirts and maybe a jacket/logo. Just need an "approved" design.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:31 AM
03KingRanch250
Senior User
I would like to have a couple of shirts and decals for the SD. Half of my family drives a Ford.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:52 AM
George Frasier
Posting Guru
Still watching the "debate". Made my choice (post 44). Another thread stated "free" FTE stickers. Hours cut back, but when the $ returns I want to get 4 for the 2 Fords. Wife got a '04 Explorer a few months back. What finished size will the TN logo be ? If it's OK, I'd like to copy the logo onto a CD and get an estimate on stickers and/or magnetic stickers from a sign shop my company works with.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To get #8 (B) to print right it would have to be a much larger image. Anyone got a high-end graphics program that can do it? I think photo-shop is the one for the job, and I don't have it.

I agree too though - I think that one is the top of the line! Imagine it printed in a clear vinyl at a standard bumper sticker size...

We MIGHT be able to do it if several of us chip in. The first batch may make a few bucks to help it stand on it's own.

Oops - I see a problem. ONLY ONE "N"!

If I redo it to correct that, and we get a good price from a printer - what do y'all think?

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-23-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Nighthawk53
Freshman User
I think it would be much better with the 2nd N.....

Check on how much and let us know. I'll help with what I can.

Bill

Old 01-24-2008, 04:25 PM
George Frasier
Posting Guru
Greywolf - STILL interested !! It may be possible to copy it (spelled rite) onto a CD and make front license plates. I've done that w/ a Seabee dozer and a couple other items. Those only cost me a few $ to do, and they do get noticed. I 'play' with fiberglass & casting resin. When the stickers are ready, let me know how much they are. I'll be getting a pair @ least, maybe more for backup, later on.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Since I have to sit down and redo it pretty much - I'll do in a large enough format to make it printable. The next step is running it by one or two printers that I know of to see what they think.

It may be that number of colors is not as big a deal anymore since most decals and such are done digitally anymore.

I guess we'll see.

I do know we'd get a break in price for a large quantity, but that same large quantity would feel like an elephant stepped on my wallet...

Old 01-25-2008, 09:01 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I can't help with any money right now. I'm trying to get my business started & I need all my cash. Ya'll get some made up & I'll buy one.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:28 PM
George Frasier
Posting Guru
'Wolf' - Sounds goood. >smelly thought<= IF enough TN people comitted to purchase stickers, would a "down payment" suffice to make the initial purchase work ? When the initial artwork is done the printing is less $$.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:48 PM
kwandrsn
Freshman User
I've got photoshop 7, if you send me a corrected copy I can try resize it for you. Just let me know how big you want it. I would like to see that streched across my back window of my truck as smokes rollin from my 275/60R15s as I'm cruisin the strip. I could possible get quite a few people around here to join this chapter and buy one. (a lot of redneck fordies around here <typed as i'm drinkin my miller lite>) Anyways which pic ya'll gonna use?????
Kevin

Old 01-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
HEY! I'M lookin' for a goldang JOB NOW! Oh yippee....

But I'm going to go through all the files this weekend and if necessary regenerate it.

What I did once, I can do better, yeah?

WE ARE SERIOUS, RIGHT? THERE WILL BE STICKERS NOW!!!!

Heck yeah....

-BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSES-

If this dream becomes real, why am I an RV tech?

"They're still shooting at us Bonny - better FLOOR it....."

~Clyde

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-25-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I had to rediscover how I did that picture, and tonight I built what is called an image mask. Now I need a clear, sharp, daytime image of a US flag in large format.

I know just the one - I'll use the flag I was given at my retirement ceremony. It was flown over the USS John C. Stennis, CVN-74

I also found version 7 of it (the one we're looking at doing is version 6)

Attached Images  

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-29-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:14 PM
andywe
Senior User
Are we still on for this? I love the logo.

As it happens, I owned a printing biz with my dad for 10 years and know quite a bit about it. If we get the photoshop file in EPS then usually no art charge( high rez jpg usually does good too) then we can have them made without any real costly set up charges. I'll throw a few bucks at it to help. Put me down for $50 bucks towards costs..BUT..you guys gotta not laugh when I show up with a stock truck at some event lol.

As an example, at makestickers.com we can get 25 bumper stickers made of this for $44.95. Thats $1.80 each. Free Shipping, no setup charge. How's that for quick and easy? BTW, should be around 7-10 days to get them delivered from placing the order.

Quick Reply: Help Choose a Tennessee Chapter Logo