Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Car/truck Buying Advice
Reload this Page >

Not impressed with vanbortel

Notices

Old 07-31-2005, 09:27 PM
jerpamb
New User
jerpamb is starting off with a positive reputation.

My father has been in the market for a van for awhile and i persuaded him to go to vanbortel because of all the good things ive read on here.I guess first off i should say the salesman was NOT Jeff. Anyway he bought a van there and it had mobility equipment installed so we picked it up on friday and we couldnt believe what it looked like, the front was totally covered with bugs and the motor is covered with dust and dirt i couldnt believe it. for a new vehicle with the major $$ he spent i was very dissatisfied. Ive never bought any vehicle like that. I told my father to refuse it but he waited so long for the mobility equipment installation that he just wanted it.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:10 PM
BigFord74
Senior User
BigFord74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did he at least call and complain? I'd a took pic's asap and then either waited till you could talk to Jeff or get ahold of the owner. Sounds like she's there a lot.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:26 PM
haroldservice
Senior User
haroldservice is starting off with a positive reputation.
sure doesn't sound like the regular service from these guys

Old 08-01-2005, 01:26 AM
A. Michael Foxtrot
Elder User
A. Michael Foxtrot is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by haroldservice
sure doesn't sound like the regular service from these guys
Quoted for truth

Old 08-01-2005, 08:16 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Have you contacted Jeff?

Old 08-01-2005, 10:33 AM
1956MarkII
Post Fiend
1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well, this is a great way to start off my week. Let me look into this and find out what happened. And the lesson to be learned here is...?

Old 08-01-2005, 10:51 AM
BigFord74
Senior User
BigFord74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Get ahold of Jeff first??

Old 08-01-2005, 10:53 AM
jbau
Senior User
jbau is starting off with a positive reputation.
"What we have heeyah is...
a failyah to communicate..."

Dude, it's pretty tacky to post nasty here before contacting the dealer... c'mon...

Old 08-01-2005, 11:22 AM
GOP
Junior User
GOP is starting off with a positive reputation.
Why not just talk to the dealer about your problem? If they don't know that you are unhappy about something they can't do anything about it. There could be some explanation for the bugs and dirt. I could be wrong but I doubt the mobility van would be their first choice to go joyriding in.

I agree that its not appropriate for a dealer to give you a vehicle looking like that, but simply contacting them first could solve the problem.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:50 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
polarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to behold
Kids- there is only one person at the dealership that's responsible for following up on a sale and making sure all the specified work is done, and that the vehicle is ready for delivery at the appointed time. The same person that inspects the vehicle one final time before the customer takes delivery to make sure everythings OK. Care to guess who that person is? If you guessed the salesperson, you'd be right.

Just when I think I've seen it all, I'm proven wrong.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:16 PM
1956MarkII
Post Fiend
1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.
Here's the situation-

This van is a 2004 conversion that was purchased by jerpamb's father from a local conversion company. They do both conversions AND mobility-equipment modifications. It was a demonstrator model used by that company, but since it was never titled it's considered "new" and must be delivered through a Ford dealer to the retail customer in order to get the rebates. The van was delivered to us just a couple hours before the customer picked it up, and even though we ran it through doll-up TWICE, that was the best we could do with so little time. (The salesman admitted to me that he never thought to look under the hood, but I guess you have to expect some dust on the motor of a 2004 demonstrator.)

Regardless, I'm not trying to make excuses, just relating what happened. jerpamb, have your father contact us (Denise Brooks is the customer-relations manager, she's the best one to handle this), and we'll have the van re-cleaned, inside and out. I'm really sorry this happened, but like you said: he DIDN'T buy it from me.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:47 PM
jerpamb
New User
Jeff-I told him to go through you if he was to go through vanbortel. the only reason i posted this on here was because i knew jeff would straighten it out. i will have him call the dealership. I could not believe how busy it was there last friday. thanks for the help!

Old 08-01-2005, 10:23 PM
jerpamb
New User
Jeff you are the man! Denise called my father and worked out whats going to happen. Hes happy and so am i.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.