1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

Help with Purchase??

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 02:58 PM
felixr
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Purchase??

Hi guys, well . . . the wifey and I have decided to buy a newer truck(previously owned an 86 and was considering buying another). We are looking at 99-02 F150 extended cab or crew cabs 5.4L of course

i was wondering if anyone here could give me any tips as to what to look for and what to expect . . . what to stay away from etc

also, arent there some dealers on here that everyone orders their trucks from cause you give such great deals or something? do you guys help out the used truck guys too?

if anyone can help let me know please.

we are looking to spend under 12k( i know it seems impossible, but i KNOW they are out there for that price and below and i understand they would be high mileage) if 12k or less is not possible, then so long as the payments stay below 250 i would get any truck from 99 and earlier. i do have money for a down and all that crap . . what can you dealer guys do for me?

thanks in advance

Old 07-30-2005, 09:04 AM
lancekilgore
Elder User
I recently bought a used 2000 super cab F150 with a 4.6 for 11,ooo$. Yes the trucks are out there the only thing I noticed when I was looking is that a majority of them have over 100,000 miles. and I was looking at 2000 and up. they wanted 13,000$ for it but I gave them a check for 11,ooo and said take it or leave anad they took it. but they are great trucks. I am very pleased with it. Did alot of work to get it to where I want it, not knowing how the previous owner took care of it and all so I changed every thing that can be changed fluids and such even sensors that these trucks have a problem with going out, read through the threads and you will see comon problems with it. But compared to chevy or doge I think they are better trks and have less maintenace problems.

Lance

Old 07-30-2005, 10:00 PM
felixr
Elder User
thanks for the reply lance . . .

get this:

i got this email from the dealer here in miami that i have been in contact with(names changed to hide identity -and for humor):

Dear Captain Kangaroo :

I know that your time is very important so I will be brief. Are you still looking to obtain a Ford F-150? If so, I want to offer you my personal attention to your needs, to make your goal a reality.

My name is Elmo and I am the General Manager of Maroone Ford of Miami. Due to our commitment to increase sales this year, I am extremely motivated to make you an offer that under normal circumstances would not be considered.

Please act now. Call me on my direct line @ (305)xxx-xxxx and I will personally work with you on the purchase of your next vehicle.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity and I will be looking forward to your call.

Sincerely,

Elmo
General Manager
Maroone Ford of Miami

Hmm . . . EEEEEEEEEENteresting!!!!!!! MUUUUhUUUHAAAAHAHAHAHA

Old 07-30-2005, 10:23 PM
lancekilgore
Elder User
checkit out be optometic, maybe a deal. you know every place in the states has a differentdeal to offer.

I would add if you are looking for a F150 then go for a F150XLT they have the best options. and are usually loaded. mine was. check it out but stand buy your guns as to you want. i acutally ended up upand gave a extra 200 + 11, ooo so I still think I got over. any way it is still a used vehicle and you don't know how it was takwn care of of. If they come with a free car fax then take it. It ended up that mine was in an accident but no probelms it still works fine. you have to look real hard and decide as they sy a used vehilce is a used vehile and what can you expect.

Lance