Mounting Brackets for Y-Blocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Dave58
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mounting Brackets for Y-Blocks

I have a 292 in a '58 F-100. I plan on adding A/C and P/S down the road. Can anybody help me find mounting brackets for the compressor and pump?
Thanks, Dave

Old 07-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Homespun91
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vintage Air has A/C brackets for the Sanden compressor on a Y-block. I don't know what, if anything, they might have for the pump.

It might be a possibility to find a set of brackets for a Y-block from a car application, with A/C and/or P/S. Try here: http://www.oldautoparts.com/ I can't say what interchanging issues there might be between car & truck, if any, but it's a start. A Hollander manual would give you an idea whether the brackets are the same part, if no one else can.

I don't know when A/C started being offered as a factory or dealer option for trucks, but I would hazard a guess that at least some of the Y-equipped '61-'64 trucks had one or both these options. Scarce though! IMO it would be easier (comparatively) to find a car with them.

Someone else here should be able to shed more light, I'm guessing. You might also try the '48-'60 forum. Keep us posted on what you find out.