1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200 Miles on my 06 F-350

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 11:37 AM
nailerdog
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
200 Miles on my 06 F-350

Picked up my 06 F-350 4x4 PSD CC SRW in Dark Stone two tone a few days ago. The truck is equipped with the FX4 package as well as the stabilizer package. I traded an 02 Excursion LTD 7.3 with 110k miles so my observations are mostly comparisons with the heavier truck. The X was equipped with a 2" lift, Ranchos, BFG 295's then changed to 285 Michelins, a Superchips microtuner, 4" exhaust, K&N filter in modified box, 3 gauge pod, Sony XM, 6" Sub, Motorola full car kit, Astro-Start remote start. (All extras removed prior to trading so they would be available to sell seperate.)

1. The 6.0 is quiet in the cab by comparison, if the winows are closed and the air is on you can't hear the engine at any speed. Over 60 you can't hear it even without the air on.

2. In stock form, the power feels close to the modded X.

3. The tranny is nice but I feel like once in a while it goes into gear soft?

4. The ride is firm but not harsh at all, actually seems a little smoother over larger bumps like curbs and ruts. Probably because the box can flex some as compared to the X.

5. The premium audio system is pretty good but I'm thinking about swapping out the speakers.

6. I had the captains chairs in the X and ordered 60/40 in the 350. I like the big armrest but think that I might miss the storage of the console.

7. I ordered the 20" wheels and those suckers are big, I want to put some flaps on but with only a couple inches of clearance between the tire and fender it could look stupid or create a clearance problem.

8. The rake from front to rear is about 4". I would like to cut that in half so I plan on adding spring spacers and new longer Rancho's.

9. Seems to be more feedback to the wheel while going down the road than the X, maybe it's the bigs wheels? May try an aftermarket dampener to see if it helps.

10. Installed Bed Rug and Truxedo cover to use until my cap arrives.

11. Initial mileage (by computer) has been comparable to the X, about 17 on this tank.

12. Reasearching XM soultions right now, looks like I'll go with the Delphi Commander mounted in the ash tray. I need the get the radio out to see if it by chance it has a direct input associated with the AUX buttion.

13. Also need to make a decision on a programmer.

Old 07-17-2005, 12:08 PM
vrsc
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great New Vehicle Comparision. Congrats on your new family member and enjoy