Exhaust Leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 08:45 AM
CBLEGUY
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Leak

Hey All,

Got a question. I have an exhaust leak behind that gigantic CAT, between the CAT and Flowmaster. I am going to get it fixed, but was thinking, like I did with my Stang, to remove the CAT all together, and go from the Y-pipe to the muffler. I notice that there are no 02 sensors after the CAT. Anybody done this, and are there power gains or losses? Are there any problems with doing this besides failing emissions. All I do with my stang is put the factory H-pipe back on for the emissions testing, and pass with flying colors. I gained about 25hp, and 30lbft of tq with that change over according to the dyno results.

Scott

Old 07-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
That Cat is not a significan area of restriction on these big trucks and it will make it MUCH louder. More bang for the buck if you get a good two to one collector fabricated and get rid of that RESTRICTIVE "Y" pipe.

Lots of threads here about the "Y" pipe fix.

Old 07-16-2005, 12:27 AM
MadMedic20
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some have said you loose low end tq. I don't think the sound would be any good with out the cat, way to loud. I have a leak in the exact same spot you are describing. Need to get that thing welded up tight, been making alot of noise lately.

Man I have had to edit this post 3 times because i couldn't understand a darn thing I wrote. Its only 2230 right now, must be getting old to be this tired this early.

Last edited by MadMedic20; 07-16-2005 at 12:30 AM.