General Automotive Discussion

Chinese cars to hit European Markets

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 10:28 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i say we take all the forgin cars in this country and ship them back to where they belong!!

Old 07-20-2005, 10:29 PM
AlfredB1979
Posting Guru
I would hope the Chinese would tell Ford and GM to take their "foreign" cars back where they belong, too, but the Chinese are too intent on swiping blueprints (I know I brought that up a couple o' weeks back...) and Ford and GM thik that the profits to be made are in those booming economic juggernauts in Asia!

Otherwise, I am sure Nissan worker in Canton or Honda worker in Ohio enjoys the paycheck, "thank you very much"!

Old 07-21-2005, 04:36 AM
retired2001
Elder User
GM is using engines from China in it's new Equinox SUV, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure they are "sourcing" more parts and even cars from that market. The other companies will do the same, if economics makes sense.

Old 07-21-2005, 06:56 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979
I would hope the Chinese would tell Ford and GM to take their "foreign" cars back where they belong, too, but the Chinese are too intent on swiping blueprints (I know I brought that up a couple o' weeks back...) and Ford and GM thik that the profits to be made are in those booming economic juggernauts in Asia!

Otherwise, I am sure Nissan worker in Canton or Honda worker in Ohio enjoys the paycheck, "thank you very much"!
well, if we would get rid of all the forgin cars then the american auto makers could hire more people to keep up with the demand. the forgin car market is hurting america's economy. try telling my grandfather who worked for ford for 41 years just what you said and see how he reacts. or tell a guy i know that works for ford thats been laid off cause the american cars are not selling so well and forgin cars are. most of the people in this country are not patriotic and are to blind. we need to say to heck with the "global economy" and worry about ours here first. how are you going to feel whgen a Japanese flag is over the white house. might as well be one there now cause people are selling us out. greed and not caring for your fellow americans is what's killing this country.

Last edited by Racerguy; 07-21-2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:55 PM
jcooley
New User
i say we take all the forgin cars in this country and ship them back to where they belong!!

Like the F250s and Dodge pickups coming out of Mexico? Or the Crown Vics and Chrysler 300s coming from Canada? Or the Triton engines coming out of Windsor?

Old 07-22-2005, 04:14 PM
VikingBabe
Posting Guru
There will be alot of people finding other modes of transportation.

Of course, this means any completely USA made cars will go up in value....until the shortfall is made up.

Old 07-23-2005, 12:13 PM
remf
Senior User
If it makes you feel any better, Europe is having to compete not only with China made vehicles, but also with vehicles made in Eastern Europe. Cheap labor and flexible unions in eastern Europe are enticing to manufacturers, to include Ford, GM, VW, Audi and Toyota. I assume the market for the eastern Europe made vehicles is Europe and elsewhere, and not the US. (Renault recently started selling in France a $6000 Romanian made sedan, to give you an idea of the price advantage of the former eastern bloc plants)

Old 07-23-2005, 04:16 PM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
remf,
remember when the wall came down an alot of eastern cars came west that were 2-cycle besides others that were sub standard that increased pollution in the west? R-12 is still manufactured in Mexico. Do you think China has air quality standards or a cares for the rest or the world besides money?
.....=o&o>.....

Old 07-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Jerrybo66
Elder User
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by WheelMA1
The chinese are a good distance away from entering the European, as well as US, market. They are currently only required to meet the Euro-2 emission standard (roughly 10+ years outdated). The European countries today are at Euro-5, and the US have even stricter standards than that. So although these manufacturers are building in China (no one is stupid enough to overlook at potential 800m buying base), they are not a threat to their core business yet.
Don't you believe it. There's an American traitor here in Scottsdale Az. that has a couple already shipped here. He's trying to have them on the market in the next couple years. Our local paper had an article on it about a month ago. That's all GM or Ford needs is more foreign competition with buyers not caring about the jobs of their fellow Americans. There will never be one in my driveway..

Old 07-24-2005, 06:56 AM
captchas
Thumbs down don't tell me

Originally Posted by remf
If it makes you feel any better, Europe is having to compete not only with China made vehicles, but also with vehicles made in Eastern Europe. Cheap labor and flexible unions in eastern Europe are enticing to manufacturers, to include Ford, GM, VW, Audi and Toyota. I assume the market for the eastern Europe made vehicles is Europe and elsewhere, and not the US. (Renault recently started selling in France a $6000 Romanian made sedan, to give you an idea of the price advantage of the former eastern bloc plants)
you don't have to remind me about vw. they make that over priced suv there. in nj and several other lemon law states it's rated number 1 in the top 10 in buy backs