2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New(?) Paint Protection

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Dazz
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New(?) Paint Protection

The advertisement gives out some pretty admiring testimonials. "Better than the inexpensive Carnubas"(?). Do we have any users on FTE? If so, what are your experiences.

http://www.5starshine.com/

Old 07-09-2005, 12:06 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It appears to use the same 'new space age technology' that everyone else is marketing.
NXT wax, and a dozen others make the same claims, but cost 15 bucks a bottle.
I also don't like the add. Read it for semantic value, and it has been carefully worded to not make the promises it says it makes.

Standard hype is to talk about how the military uses something, and then go on about some persons miracle claim, with no documentation.
Others make better claim.
If this stuff was exactly what they claim, a permanant treatment, you think the car makers wouldn't toss that in and brag about it?
Chris

Old 07-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Dazz
Senior User
Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
It appears to use the same 'new space age technology' that everyone else is marketing.
NXT wax, and a dozen others make the same claims, but cost 15 bucks a bottle.
I also don't like the add. Read it for semantic value, and it has been carefully worded to not make the promises it says it makes.

Standard hype is to talk about how the military uses something, and then go on about some persons miracle claim, with no documentation.
Others make better claim.
If this stuff was exactly what they claim, a permanant treatment, you think the car makers wouldn't toss that in and brag about it?
Chris
Chris
Hear, hear. I knew this miracle paint protection would get your attention. This is the first time I had heard of it. However, having spent many a year on many a Navy Ship I cannot see anything except fresh water wash and re-paint protecting against shipboard salt spray.

Anyone used the 5Starshine as yet?

Old 07-10-2005, 12:29 AM
PaulC
Posting Guru
If a car wax uses a reasonable quantity of genuine Carnuba, it won't be cheap. That stuff is expensive.

Old 07-10-2005, 10:15 PM
aquaman
Posting Guru
As testiment to not needing any 'space-age technology' products (which by the way was in the 1960's), I've only used carnauba-based paste waxes on my metallic silver 1984 Toyota and schwarz black 1988 BMW since I bought them new. They still shine like new and look better than most of the newer cars in the parking lot :-) Unfortunately, the sun and wear on the body such as door dings, scratches, deteriorated plastic pieces have started to take toll on the rest of the car.

Regular waxing every few months does the trick. Living here in San Jose also helps since we don't know what rust is, and we don't have the "weather extremes" you folks have elsewhere :-)