Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Wrong tierod end??? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 08:36 PM
wayfastwhitey
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Wrong tierod end??? HELP

Saturday I took my truck (2000 F-350, Superduty, 7.3L, 2 wheel drive) to get new front tires on it and they did a free front end check and said that my tierod ends were VERY bad. So I get home jack up the drivers side tire and wiggle it and what do you know about 1/2" wobble from side-to-side. So I ordered new tierod ends from advanced auto and when I got everything off today they were the wrong ones! I call them up and have them re-check the part #'s and they check out to be the right ones. So I called Autozone and cross-referenced the part #'s and they were the right ones! so we also checked a '99 and '01 and the were all the same. BUT THEY DONT FIT MY TRUCK I guess I will head down to the dealer tommorrow morning and see if I get any luck. The parts I got are too big and the passenger side is quite a bit different than the driver side. Anybody ever run into this problem before?

Old 07-08-2005, 09:04 PM
18vtx00
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by wayfastwhitey
Saturday I took my truck (2000 F-350, Superduty, 7.3L, 2 wheel drive) to get new front tires on it and they did a free front end check and said that my tierod ends were VERY bad. So I get home jack up the drivers side tire and wiggle it and what do you know about 1/2" wobble from side-to-side. So I ordered new tierod ends from advanced auto and when I got everything off today they were the wrong ones! I call them up and have them re-check the part #'s and they check out to be the right ones. So I called Autozone and cross-referenced the part #'s and they were the right ones! so we also checked a '99 and '01 and the were all the same. BUT THEY DONT FIT MY TRUCK I guess I will head down to the dealer tommorrow morning and see if I get any luck. The parts I got are too big and the passenger side is quite a bit different than the driver side. Anybody ever run into this problem before?
sometimes on a 4x4 the inner tie rod is actually conneted to the steering box. so maybe they looked it up wrong.

go to a real parts store... napa or oem. you may be surprised that then oem may not cost more than aftermarket

Old 07-08-2005, 10:10 PM
nodakford
Senior User
I went to Carquest to get my tierod. Good quality and price.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:14 PM
18vtx00
Fleet Mechanic
did they ask you the GVWR??????

Old 07-09-2005, 10:59 AM
nodakford
Senior User
No they did not ask GVWR. All my dealings with Carquest have been good. Good parts, price and help.

Old 07-09-2005, 12:18 PM
wayfastwhitey
Junior User
no they didnt ask for the GVWR I went to the dealer and wasnt a stock part so they ordered it and it should be in Tuesday, in the mean time I put the old one back on so I could move the truck out of the way and the truck will sit till Tuesday. That means I have to drive my S-10 farm truck to work! UGHH man I'll be roughin' it now. lol

Old 07-09-2005, 01:49 PM
18vtx00
Fleet Mechanic
no they didnt ask for the GVWR I went to the dealer and wasnt a stock part so they ordered it and it should be in Tuesday, in the mean time I put the old one back on so I could move the truck out of the way and the truck will sit till Tuesday. That means I have to drive my S-10 farm truck to work! UGHH man I'll be roughin' it now. lol
they ussually ask for GVW on these trucks.