Notices

Need a new soft top...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Churnd
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a new soft top...

Well, this is my first post here, so here goes. I've been looking for a soft-top tonneau for my F150 Supercrew, and have been kinda overwhelmed by the results of my search. I'd look on eBay, but I have no idea what to look for as far as brands and what to stay away from and that sort of thing.

I was hoping somebody here could kinda point me in the right direction. I'd prefer to have one that rolls up or is easy to take off and put back on. Mainly I just want one for the better gas mileage. Any comments appreciated!

Old 07-10-2005, 05:13 PM
boxcar1974
Postmaster
I have a Truxedo low profile cover and I absolutely love it. IT installs in about 20 minutes and look great. It rolls up and the best thing is the supports roll up with the cover. So it is really easy to use the bed when you have to. I got it on ebay. I got a super deal. All the local store/shops around here were $490+ for the cover. I got it on ebay for $330 including shipping. I thing the guys store on ebay in called supreme accessories. I will try to take some pics of it for kicks.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:49 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
I also have a Truxedo and am really happy with it. Paid around $400 online (not ebay).

For soft-tops, look at Truxedo, Extang, or Access...they all seem to be comparable and reasonably priced.

Good luck!!

Old 07-17-2005, 10:18 AM
MoJo96
New User
just fyi, I checked out that ebay store (supreme accessories) and after noticing that he makes his own first bid at 299.00 and 37.50 for all US shipping, I thought I may be able to get the lo-pro Truxedo for around 350.00, and maybe I could but if you check out that guys feedback you may want to look elsewhere. Sounds like shipping delays is a common occurence with them? Glad others have received good responses from him. If anyone has any more good locations to buy these please let me know as I have heard nothing but good about the Truxedo. THX

Old 07-17-2005, 03:24 PM
boxcar1974
Postmaster
I purchased my cover from him. He responded to all emails reguarding shipping. I received my cover in just over a week. One thing that causes some of the delays, you get shipped direct from the factory and not directly from the seller. When I got my cover, the packing slip stated "ship to" myself and "bill to" supreme accessories.

Old 07-17-2005, 05:49 PM
xallxforxchristx
Senior User
You can also get in a bidding war really easy with the guy from supreme accessories. I had a price set that I wanted to pay in order to keep the price at 350 and would bid right up to it and each time it was matched, so I'd let it go...about a day later he would send me a buy it now at the price of my last bid...guess that's his way of getting the most out of you. I actually ended up buying my truxedo off ebay from another seller...I am very pleased with the service and the cover that I received.

Old 07-18-2005, 06:39 AM
msalyer
Senior User
I have this one on my 2001 F250 SD. I am very happy with it.
http://www.extang.com/docs/blackmax.html

Last edited by msalyer; 07-18-2005 at 06:48 AM.