Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever seen a Bronco rolled over?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 02:00 PM
IndySilverAnny
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
To clarify... I meant in the back seat, in a car seat... Only my dogs ride in the "back back"... (cargo area)

Old 07-08-2005, 06:11 AM
3broncocrazy
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, i'm talkin about the rear seat - i just wouldn't do it. JMO

Old 07-08-2005, 07:32 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
I would think the back seat is the safest place for kids.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:21 AM
3broncocrazy
Postmaster
JMO - fiberglass top and infant, i just wouldn't do it - again JMO

Old 07-09-2005, 12:21 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
But the fiberglass tops have steele reinforment beams inside them. There built with rollovers in mind.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:35 PM
genueix
Senior User
Built with rollovers in mind...so...what you're saying is, you would put an infant in the back seat of a Bronco with an approx. ~3/4" thick fibreglass shell that was built with rollovers in mind...I too wouldn't do it, JMO. I like my kid more than the opinion of my truck.

Old 07-10-2005, 09:46 AM
IndySilverAnny
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
hmmm... Maybe I'll order me a roll bar kit...

Old 07-10-2005, 11:25 PM
genueix
Senior User
Nice one, me too...it looks snazzy and it serves a purpose.

Old 07-13-2005, 04:17 PM
hawk242
Freshman User
Wreck July 11, 2005 True Story

Upon leaving class, ( am old guy in college ) Monday, I witnessed a three car wreck One appeared to be a 1990 Ish Full sized Bronco. Two kids in (fast and furious ) hondaz and I think the other one was a toyota, ran a red while racing ( apparently). This guy in his VERY nice Bronco was turning with the green.....BOOM On hit the back one the front ..The one that hit the front spun aroung the other side... The bronco leaned on two tires...BOUNCED (it seemed) ( slow Motion type stuff) and landed back on all fours. Both cars were TOTALed but get this! The Bronco in the drivers side rear the chrome on the bumper was scuffed really bad and the bumper slightly warped...where the car went Under the bronco.....ONE dent scuffed clear coat etc in passengers door ( it had bounced off the honda after leaning on it). Drivers side front tire punctured and dent the wheel....... The guy changed his tire and drove away after the police arrived.....
This sounds far fetched and I was not going to post anything about it .. but then I seen this about a flipped bronco and thought maybe I should.
Ripleys Believe it or not.

Last edited by hawk242; 07-13-2005 at 04:20 PM. Reason: typoz
Old 07-16-2005, 08:48 AM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
I do love my bronco. I also loved my 83. I got wrecked over a year ago, I was doing about 45-50 on fm78 and this guy pulled right out in front of me in a sunfire, I slammed the brakes but not enought distance for me too turn or stop and a witness said my broncos left wheels ran over the whole front end up too the windsheild, and bent the front left radias arm turning the wheels and I had too stop the truck right when it was about too go into oncoming traffic. The witness said that the bronco came off the car on 2 wheels and balanced for about 15ft. If I hadnt been on the brake then it might have flip on its side, since the wheels were jambed too the left.

Sorry for the long story, just had too add my expirience.

Old 07-16-2005, 02:07 PM
dwoodler
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought an 87 with pretty severe road rash on the fibreglass top and the top of the cab, but the rear half held it's shape and the outer layer (no more than 1/4 thick) was reduced to fibres in spots. When I took it off the bronco it was still solid feeling and heavy as ever.

Woodler

Old 07-17-2005, 03:19 PM
gov2mod
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, a few years ago I danced my 90 Bronco (full size, 3" body lift, 33X12.50 tires) around on two wheels twice, first on the front two wheels, then on the left two wheels, and for all I know maybe the right two wheels as well. BUT, I didn't roll it. I was pulling an old flat bed 8'x16' trailer with a junk car on it. The car had no wheels, sitting flat on the trailer and was full of junk, car parts, metal, etc., approximately 3500 lbs, on the way to the salvage yard. Everything was fine for the first 3 miles or so, I'm on a narrow back road and I go around a mild left hand turn going about 45 mph. That's when everything changed. As I'm coming out of the turn suddenly the Bronco goes completely sideways and off the right side of the road into a mild ditch/front yard. Then 180 sideways the other way and I shoot all the way across the road into the ditch on the left side of the road. I'm hitting the brakes, counter steering, nothing matters. It's like I'm sliding on ice but it's summertime. As the Bronco goes down in the ditch (a little deeper) on the left hand side and I'm getting ready to hit a row of trees I hit the gas instead. Down in the ditch the rear wheels (I'm not in four wheel drive) catch traction and I shoot back up out of the ditch, across the road, down off the right side of the road, back up on the road and I get it stopped. I'm thinking "what in the hell just happened?" I look back and the trailer looked like a bomb had gone off under it. Wood blown all off the deck, metal hanging off, and the rear axle hanging out the back of the trailer. And the car was GONE!!! In all that carnage it's very, very, fortunate that no one was close or I would have killed someone. Then some old man is standing there in the road with a cell phone saying "I called 911" Well, thanks pops, that really puts the icing on the cake doesn't it. The car was back about 50 yards in the left ditch, laying on it's left side up against the row of trees I didn't hit with the Bronco. What happened was the left leaf spring on the rear axle had broken in the turn. When that axle went out the back of the trailer I lost all tongue weight, in fact it went negative and must have hiked the rear wheels of the Bronco right off the road. That's why I lost all control, the Bronco was pivoting around on it's front wheels only. Each time I steered or hit the brakes it just made the Bronco pivot that direction. The trailer with it's load was doing the driving. After I lost the load down in the ditch I got my back wheels back on the ground. But, what a mess. The state police came and had the road closed in both directions, I had to have two rollbacks, one for the trailer and one for the junk car and I had a lot of items to pick up. The best part is the Bronco didn't have a mark on it. Not a scratch or a dent. But the Bronco didn't roll over.

Old 07-17-2005, 05:23 PM
79 Trailer Special
Elder User

I have seen several that rolled and the fiberglass top offers absolutely NO protection at all. The top just crumbles into pieces not doing anything for the occupants. Here is a link to a few of the worst ones recently, the link also has another link to a 2nd rollover while off roading and rolling it down a canyon.

Http://www.broncotech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010115#000022

Old 07-17-2005, 05:27 PM
79 Trailer Special
Elder User

Looks like you may have to cut and paste the url to get it to show the post....oh well I tried.

Old 07-17-2005, 07:49 PM
JonK
New User
I rolled my 94' XLT. The right side tires dropped off the shoulder, I pulled back to the left, then back to the right and over she went. Totalled!

Quick Reply: Ever seen a Bronco rolled over?