Sponsored by: DP Tuner

I need turbo help

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 08:50 AM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow I need turbo help

I have a 00 PSD and Ive noticed that the turbo is no longer spinning when I shut her down. Both my moms and uncles are still spinning when shut down.

Also when I shut her off, she occasionally shutters/shakes the engine....is there a valve stuck? How do I diognose the problem, where can I find the home versions of modifications for this truck?

She has 4 inch all the way back and a new turbo blade, but she should be doin a little better I think if I can keep that turbo spooled up. Thanks

Old 07-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
Can you remove the boot, reach into the intake and feel the turbo spinning freely?

Old 07-04-2005, 02:32 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was fine when I put the new blade on, although to my best memory it did not continue to spin when shut down with the old blade either. So yeah it spun i was thinkin a valve is putting back pressure against the blade when shut down, how about the butterfly for cold start?

Old 07-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
It's possible, but if it was stuck shut your truck would be really gutless. And huge hissing noises coming from the exhaust.
Hmmmm. My turbo spins just sitting and idling. If your's isn't you've got to have a stiff bearing in there or something.