Hot Enough For You?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Hot Enough For You?

Wow, how you guys handling this heat?

Me, I quit my job and stay inside playing video games, watching movies and surfing FTE with my air conditioning on. And if I have to go outside it is in my "new" 2002 Ford Focus with A/C.

I forgot how hot it gets in the summer. Stay tuned in 6 months for my post on "Cold Enough For You?"

-Matt

Old 07-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Patience there young fella. July has just started, and you know it's always hotter than June. 3 years back, the a/c in the truck wasn't working by mid July. I had to bring along a thermometer to make my point to the boss. Just before afternoon rush hour on a steady/busy day, the in-cab temperature reached 127 degrees F. The truck was pulled off the road the next day!
I was listening to 680 NEWS today,OK, about 12 hours ago, and they had a professional estimation of when the hotter than normal heat waves would end. They estimated this would happen by the end of September!
Like Mom always said, "Get used to it!".
AL.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:06 AM
Dealford
Cargo Master
And here we go again!!!!!!!!
At 2:30 am the temperature in the basement of the house was 84F.
The predicted humidex for today is 42C. <----This is what you'll look like if you walk on asphalt barefoot today.
I sure could use a little fresh air right now !!!!!!
AL.
P.S. For anybody that has been following the posts for the last few days and has had a similar experience, No, I'm not going to coat the inside of my nose with Vaseline!!!!!!!!!!!
Confused?????? Read all the other threads & get caught up.

Old 07-13-2005, 05:54 AM
lancer
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys. Ya its darn hot!! I work outside for a living and this heat is brutal!! Drink water like crazy and don't have to take a leak. Yup thats hot!!

Old 07-13-2005, 11:23 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

With this heat the AC in the upstairs office can't keep up and it gets to about 28C, so we just end up dripping sweat into our computers...

Old 07-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Mavaholic
Freshman User
28c is nothing..... the main plant of the company I work for reaches a lot of higher temps than that....... we run steam and heat so not only is it hot is muggy as well

Old 07-13-2005, 08:48 PM
oshoguno
Senior User
This heat is usually as bad as it gets in the summer. I would rather this than the worst winter can throw at you. Give me the heat any day. (BTW: I work in a manufacturing plant that is the same temp inside as outside, except more humid).

Old 07-13-2005, 09:43 PM
black wolf
Senior User
I guess we have to learn how to adjust and to be careful in hot weather uh. we all complain about the winter how cold it is and the salt that sticks to our trucks and more snow and the temp. drops below and not enough comfort and then the cycle starts all over again..summer and fall then the long brrrrrrrr months ahead

Old 07-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
My biggest problem with the heat right now is the fumes in the house. Ripe!!!
It' natures' way to make us sweat out the poisons in our body and flush from the inside with all the extra water we drink in the heat.
The overhead in the boss' Dodge read 101 F the other day. Stupid Dodge is in the shop again & I was busy, busy all day. It was hot & busy enough today to cause unmistakeable brake fade in the Chev. Blistering hot, real busy & crappy Chev brakes. I think I like the fumes better!?!?
AL.