2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Premium sound worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 12:21 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador
As what is said above it all depends on what you want. I have the Audiophile and am extremely happy with it. It blows away most of my friends aftermarket installs (of course they don't have the quiet sounding interior as ours). If you like working on stuff like this, go aftermarket. One thing is the Audiophile does include upgraded speakers the Boston Acoustic. I love it and have no desire to upgrade any component of it. I'm adding sound proofing to my truck and will add the cone reflectors behind the speakers to add to the sound.
The Factory Audiophile has Boston Acoustics? Not bad, not bad at all. Your the first person who could give an answer on the speakers. Most just knew they were better.

I guess it all sums up to
If it's got the factory Audiophile, it's a lot of sound, and if that's the truck you want, nab it. If it's got the single CD, don't pay them to put anything in, do it yourself after, again, assuming it's the truck you want.
Big thread, for a small question.

Chris

Old 06-28-2005, 07:41 AM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I love my audiophile system and would want another one. I am thinking about a 07 F250 and am hoping they put the audiophile system in 07 SD's. I will also keep my 04 F150 with audiophile system. I think it is well worth the money. Good Luck!

Old 06-28-2005, 09:29 AM
KevinM
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's incorrect, Visteon who manufacturers the systems for Ford does not use Boston Acoustic speakers in the F150 Audiophile system. According to Visteon their BA agreement is for the Chrysler 300.

Old 06-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Smile

My Explorer Limited has JBL's with subwoofer and amp. It does not compare to the audiophile in my 04 F150. I doubt the audiophile system has JBL's. Maybe Pioneer speakers? Does anyone know who makes the speakers for the audiophile system? Thanks!

Last edited by Ruckus; 06-28-2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:12 PM
ReForder
Fleet Mechanic

Received 167 Likes on 89 Posts
I'm annoyed that the Audiophile doesn't come stock on the XLT. STX and then FX4 & Lariat. What pissed off the ford designers about XLT buyers?

Anyhoot, it's likely I'll focus more on other options on the truck and not use the sound system as a deciding factor for yes or no purchase. Thanks for all the input.

Tony P.

Old 06-28-2005, 12:21 PM
timhood
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's not so bad

[QUOTE=ReForder]I'm annoyed that the Audiophile doesn't come stock on the XLT. STX and then FX4 & Lariat. What pissed off the ford designers about XLT buyers?[QUOTE]

Don't feel bad. Audiophile is not standard, but an upgrade option. At least thru FX4...I'm not 100% certain on Lariat/King Ranch. I had to get the Audiophile as an upgrade for my FX4.

Old 06-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
As far as I know it is a option in all F150's. My step son bought a new STX Saturday and it has it, MSRP was $550 I think for both 6 disc CD and Audiophile system. He took CD's with him when I took him to pick it up.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by KevinM
That's incorrect, Visteon who manufacturers the systems for Ford does not use Boston Acoustic speakers in the F150 Audiophile system. According to Visteon their BA agreement is for the Chrysler 300.
Interesting. Makes me wonder how the BAs got into my Audiophile system. I surely didn't change them into it.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Smile

I do not really care who makes or made the speakers as long as they keep pumpin out Lynyrd Skynyrd, J.Hendrix and Hank Jr. the way they do. That's what I call GITTIN-R-Dun!

Old 06-28-2005, 08:17 PM
HankMurphy
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Ruckus
As far as I know it is a option in all F150's.
Not available on XLs.

Hank Murphy
2005 XL Work Truck

Old 06-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Hank, After I wrote that I wondered about XL's. I think it should be available on all. It probably has something to do with subwoofer and amp placement in regular cabs.

Old 06-28-2005, 11:41 PM
HankMurphy
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Ruckus
Hank, After I wrote that I wondered about XL's. I think it should be available on all. It probably has something to do with subwoofer and amp placement in regular cabs.
No, just product segmentation, I think. A 6-1/2 foot bed regular cab is the same platform as an STX (ChrisAdams or someone will correct me if my understanding is wrong, I hope). Same space available, but you just can't get the 6-CD changer. Ditto the polished steps - black is the only choice on the XL, both available on the STX.

OTOH you can't get the Work Truck or HD payload package on an STX. Horses for courses.

I don't really miss the audiophile - most of my listening is to traffic reports anyway...and the basic radio is adequate for that.

Hank Murphy
2005 XL Work Truck

Old 06-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Toreador
Elder User
KevinM That's incorrect, Visteon who manufacturers the systems for Ford does not use Boston Acoustic speakers in the F150 Audiophile system. According to Visteon their BA agreement is for the Chrysler 300.

Originally Posted by Toreador
Interesting. Makes me wonder how the BAs got into my Audiophile system. I surely didn't change them into it.
In fact here's another thread where Fanman2 also remarks about the Audiophile having Boston Acoustics as part of the upgrade package:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=217308

Old 06-30-2005, 08:03 AM
KevinM
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For all you non believers heres the reply from Visteon the supplier of electonics and climate control systems for the F150's, it backs exactly what I have said! BA are not part of the OE audiophile system!

"In response to your inquiry concerning Boston Acoustic Speakers installed in an audiophile sound system for "04" & "05" F150 trucks ; These speakers are not a part of an O.E. Audiophile sound package in these vehicles. "
Al Tubbs

S.E. Regional Manager
Visteon Aftermarket Sales

Old 07-01-2005, 12:02 AM
ReForder
Fleet Mechanic

Received 167 Likes on 89 Posts
Talking

The audiophile is available on STX, FX4, Lariat, and King. It's not available on XL (work truck, who needs music) or the XLT (which i can't understand). I would assume they offer it on the STX, as this is the "younger crowd's" truck, roll up windows, manual locks, no carpet. Kind of incentive to get you into the STX due to a lack of goodies as other options. Just an opinion. This information is on Ford's website, so i can back it up.

Quick Reply: Premium sound worth it?