1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

let's see if someone will actually answer this time...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-1999, 09:23 PM
Hamstersbane
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are the mods I have planned for the near future for my '95 F150, 4.9L (5spd manual, 3.55 open rear end):
1. K&N Filtercharger kit
2. Clifford Header(s)
3. exhaust
4. Jacobs ignition system

any thoughts on these? as I understand it, the clifford headers are split, as is my current exhaust manifold. would I be better off going to a true dual exhaust or just take the two into one at the cat. converter like it is now? and if I go with that one, the only cat-back exhaust i can find is the flowmaster, which is like 3". is that too big?

Old 07-27-1999, 06:09 AM
slik
Senior User

Most of those choices are personnal preference, but while you're at it; why not put on an Offy intake with a 450 cfm 4-V? The K&N and Clifford sound great. My preference would be to run true duals all the way back and exit below the bumper. I like the looks and sound. For my '82 F150, I purchased 2 small (12" long) Dynomax cats; crossed over at the rear of the tranny (to avoid my 2nd gas tank); through a "dual in-dual out" Flowmaster; and then crossed back over in front of the rear axle; all in 2.25 pipe; if you go single, go with the 3". I also prefer the MSD over the Jacobs ignition and that's just based on stuff I've read, some folks hate the MSD, but I love mine!!

Slik

Old 07-27-1999, 08:01 PM
Ferd
New User