Superduty Automatic Tranny fluid Leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 01:00 AM
DNJSDAD
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superduty Automatic Tranny fluid Leak

I have a 99 F250 PSD with a automatic, I was towing a about 10,500 lbs today and the light on my shift lever started flashing. I was almost home so I finished my trip, when I got home I had tranny fluid leaking out from the behing the cover at the front end of the transmission, the transmission was shifting fine and the fluid does not smell burned or look dirty. Is this leak most likely the cause of over heating? Or did I fry my tranny? Please help. Also the ABS light came on and will not turn off it, however the breaks feel fine and are making no strange noises, what might be the cause of this, wish I could be more technical in describing my problem but this is all I have. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 06-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Fordbronco69
Infidel

Ide get a reader and plug it into the truck and see what codes it has...on the newer trucks its easier to get codes, share them with us and go from there rather then guess what could be wrong with it.

Make sure there is the correct tranny fluid in the tranny and not overfilled.

Old 06-25-2005, 12:34 AM
DNJSDAD
Junior User
Does anybody know if it is safe to drive my truck somewhere to have the codes read? Also is this leaking what happens when a transmission overheats? Please post replys as I am needing all the help that I can get. Thanks for your suggestion FB69, I will be taking your advice as soon as I learn whether I can drive my truck safely with out causing further transmission problems, also the fluid had not been changed recently so no worries there. Thanks again for the advice.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:31 PM
SupertdutyRob
New User
It could be the pump gasket, or the oil seal in the pump for the converter. In any case I would have it towed. You could risk burning the clutches up in the forward clutch assembly if your pump is not working correctly. Good luck!