1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Brake blues!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-1999, 08:58 PM
Pastmaster
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake blues!

I nailed my problem to my Master Cylinder and the brake booster. The Autozone Dude said there pretty cheap to replace. Has anyone had any experience with this? How difficult is it to accomplish? any tips?

Thanks
Evan
1993 F-150

Old 08-30-1999, 09:04 AM
Phillip Guidry
Posting Guru
Brake blues!

Not hard to do at all!You may have to fight the brake switch and pedal rod under the dash,but that's only because of space limitations.Some tips areut vacuum caps over the brake lines that are disconnected to prevent excess loss of fluid;double check push rod legnth between master and booster;bench bleed master before installing;bleed the rest of the system back to front with the engine running{caution:carbon m & hot exh.}. If the brake warning light won't stay off after bleeding,crack open a front bleeder screw and bleed a back wheel{close both screws before releasing pedal}.
Good luck,
Phillip

Old 08-31-1999, 03:30 PM
Pastmaster
Postmaster
Brake blues!

I really need to put new fluid in anyways. It looks really dark, almost like used motor oil. Can you buy the Brake Booster by itself? If you can, I would rather get a rebuilt.

Old 09-01-1999, 08:23 AM
Phillip Guidry
Posting Guru
Brake blues!