1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modified Ford Voids Warranty At Drew Ford

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 08:54 PM
myfordf350
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modified Ford Voids Warranty At Drew Ford

Ford will not fix or finance the repair of a truck under warranty if you modify it and it breaks. That includes

Lifts
Exhaust
Chip
Bigger Wheels
Suspension mods
Engine Modes

Ford has refused warranty service to Ford Customers in San Diego that includes all 15 Ford Dealers. Ford Reps have been inspecting claims in person and tell the customer that if you modify what we design and built, We at Ford will not pay for something you did to cause the break.

Drew Ford will not even sell you a modified truck and when you buy a new truck you MUST SIGN a document stating that "IF YOU MODIFY THIS VEHICLE, THIS ACTION VOIDS WARRANTY".

And go ahead and pull the "CHIP" out before you go in for service, HA HA HA

The computer will report to Ford that the "Chip" was installed and repalced with the stock chip.

Just some friendly information for the Truck Owners that modify their huge investment.

Old 06-12-2005, 08:58 PM
hc130flyboy
Senior User
Thanks for the info, but once again you are wrong and you are definatly preaching to the wrong crowd.
Modifications can only void a warranty if it affects that specific component in question.

Try Again.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:07 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You cant blame them. Modifications mean more pressure an stress to components. Which possibly means problems. It just means it will cost us the customers in the long run. Yah pullin the chip doesnt do you much good. A friend off mine is a Ford tech an says if you have a chip an take it off. Hell still know if you had one on. Scared me Im leavin mine stock. My truck has plenty of power for my needs.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:30 PM
myfordf350
Senior User
150FORD is Correct to what he says about the chip.

Ford Truck Owners love to modify their trucks to look good, but please don't get mad at Ford if they refuse your warranty claim after you break something.

Drew Ford will charge you for all warranty claims even if the part broke from a mod that has no bering on the warranted parts. If you put a different exhaust on your truck and the Tranny breaks, you will pay for the tranny.

Keep it stock unless you have bags of money to support your self induced mods.

Ford will not pay for a warranty if you mess with the truck. Turn your truck into a race truck, and you VOID ALL WARRANTIES WITH FORD. Sad but true !

Keep your truck stock.

Last edited by myfordf350; 06-12-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:46 PM
hc130flyboy
Senior User
Word to the wise dont take your truck to "DREW FORD" because they are obviously a shady dealership that does not deserve anyones business.

myfordf350-do you not have anything better to do with your time than try to discourage people that are interested in making their trucks better than stock? People here are educated consumers and all know cause and effect of what they choose to do with their vehicles, you on the other hand are providing them with bad information.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:50 PM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not to throw fuel on the fire but consder this.. Why would anyone add a programmer or other power adder to a truck that is still under warranty? Ford has very specific specifications on what certain components are able to handle. If you exceed the limits and it breaks, it's not ford's fault so why should they pay for it? If you want more power that's fine, just do it AFTER the warranty is over.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:03 PM
MobeyDick
Posting Guru
What it really looks like is there is a lot of shady people (in that area) Modding their trucks and when it breaks they want Ford to pay for their Play!!

A Dodge dealer down here was cut off from doing any warranty work by Chrysler not long (About 2 years) after their 7/70 warranty was introed. Why Too many Mods and to much playing. Dodge came down video taped some of the stuff these guys were doing to there trucks. Truck pulls and the like!! The dealer was in on some of this stuff. He was selling the heck out of some Dodges and he was fixing every one of them.

Don't blame Ford or the Dealer!! When the numbers don't add up they will step in!!

Old 06-12-2005, 10:04 PM
myfordf350
Senior User
"PFOGLE" is CORRECT, We can all modify our trucks, but don't expect Ford to fix what you have Re-Engineered.

Again, Everyone is entitled to modify/break/race/flip over/crash their truck at their own cost, Not Fords.

Fords new warranty policy will not repair/finance what someone else re-engineers.

Sorry for this news that helps keep Ford's profits in their bank account and not pay for that re-engineered truck.

Any modified part that causes a break to your truck needs to be paid for by the modified manaufacturer of the part that caused the break. not Ford

Old 06-12-2005, 10:38 PM
nisiar
Senior User
MobeyDick hits the nail on the head, I'm sure with that off-road truck culture in SD breeds a lot of warranty abuse. Unfortunately, Ford can't get into gray area decisions, hence the draconian policy regarding voiding the warranty. With the signed written notice at delivery, only the quilty should suffer. Personally, I can wait 36,000 miles to chip out the speed limiter. Kindofa a backhanded benefit to ford's measly warranty!

Old 06-12-2005, 10:45 PM
how2fish
Senior User
I bought my 04 F350 PSD from Drew Ford and had a wonderful experience with them. (No I don't work for them) But when I went to the new owners meeting the service manager told us that we should wait for our warranty to expire before modifying our trucks.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:53 PM
jetact
Elder User
My f350
Why are you such a negative person. Don't blow smoke up people a--, when you are so wrong. So if I lift my truck and the radio stops working they are not going to fix it? Hmmm thats a tuff one, just as stupid as you saying if you put exhaust on and the tranny breaks they won't fix it. I have a lift and my power rear window didn't work right and they put in a new one. WOW why would they do that, maybe because the lift didn't cause the window to stop working. I have $20,000 in mods on my truck and take responsibility for my self and if I modified it than I will pay to fix it. If I didn't than Ford will pay to fix it. By the way nice gallery. Let some people see that nice stock truck so they can wish for one just like it.

Last edited by jetact; 06-12-2005 at 10:55 PM. Reason: missed a word
Old 06-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Autobahn F-250 Lariat
Posting Guru

Old 06-12-2005, 11:56 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
warranty all run out at 100k and emmisions warranty run out way before...egr replaced 3 times but cause was not fixed only the result....Lift kits I was told void also...I used the I told u so to my dad, he wont buy new again....lol

Old 06-13-2005, 12:16 AM
myfordf350
Senior User
JetAct

You may have the big bags of cash $$$ to support your truck mods, which is great and I think your truck is "Show Quality". But the average $40,000.00/year job earner with a family to feed may not have the cash to repair something he modified when a misleading salesman says "It's under factory warranty to ad your own re-engineered parts"

It's great to modify your truck and look good as long as you know YOU will pay for the repair. Ford's stand is You Modify our properly engineered truck, Ford will REJECT any warranty claim for anything that breaks on that re-engineered truck.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:32 AM
jetact
Elder User
You play you pay. What I'm getting at is your statement of if you put exhaust and your tranny goes out they won't pay for the tranny. That is wrong and if a dealership does that then they should be called on it because a new exhaust system would have nothing to do with the tranny breaking.

Quick Reply: Modified Ford Voids Warranty At Drew Ford