1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

share brake dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 06:56 PM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
share brake dilemma

I know Randy Jack loves hearing about my one year old brake conversion project LOL but I thought I'd share this for others. I rebuilt my booster thinking I was getting a vacuum leak and hard pedal from it. I put the rebuilt booster on, and same thing. Idle went up when depressing the pedal. I thought maybe it was the check valve (mine is in the vacuum line not canister) It seemed to check out OK. After messing around with the MC and booster, I noticed my original MC has a rubber ring or gasket on the shafter that engages into the booster. My new MC didn't have this but came with this big rubber looking boot. I put the rubber ring from the old one on and even made a rubber gasket between the booster and MC. It seems to work much better. The idle is better but still changes when depressing the pedal. Break are no longer hard either. Just wanted to share that bit of info.

Old 06-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ed -

I am happy to hear about the progress. But, as my first wife used to say: "are you done yet?"

Inquiring minds want to know.