Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

The Workhorse Diesel Power Module...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 05:02 PM
CAT_man_963
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a bunch of BS to me... look at the plug on that thing? Looks just like the plug on my Edge E-Z that plugs into the ICP sensor?? Forget that thing, and go with Arninetyes suggestion above!! At least you won't have to take the chance of getting screwed-over by some new, half-truth company.

O yea - if you send me $700, I garantee that I will take your money, and you will gain AT LEAST 100 horsepower a week after I recieve the money!! Or, I mean, MY TRUCK!!

Old 06-14-2005, 06:19 PM
mpdxtreme
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am new to this forum and the world of diesel trucks so I gotta ask, what is the 10k mod?

Greg G

Old 06-14-2005, 06:37 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
Originally Posted by webmaster
The domain name of this company was created December 12, 2004. There isn't an online yellow-pages listing for this company which means its a new company. A reverse lookup of their phone number pulls up nothing.

Everything I see screams "fly by night", IMHO.

This looks like its an over-priced 10K mod or fuel box type of thing.
way to go...! shine that spotlight of TRUTH right on those cons..!

welcome to this most wonderful forum..! this kind of info is the reason FTE kicks butt..! we give credit where credit is due, (like when a sponser of our site supplys good products at good prices and stands behind thier products on the rare occasions when something goes wrong), we also expose people and companies who are making false claims just to make a buck...!

this site has lots of good info and lots of great people... spend some time looking through past posts... there's lots of very good mods you can do that will really wake up your mule...! Enjoy..!

Old 06-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Karewes
New User
Thanks a ton guys for all the responses. I have just kind of sat back and let you guys talk. I have learned a lot from this forum, it has been a big help to me in owning my first PSD.

This advertiser we are talking about ran an ad in a horse type magazine in the Northwest and I saw it and thought I would ask you guys. I figured if you guys haven't tested it then it's probably crap! As this thread has proved!

I emailed this advertiser and asked how much they wanted for their module and I got a call from them asking that I call them with some more info on my truck even though I was descriptive and to the point in my email. I did not call them back.

I will take your suggestions into consideration. Sounds like I can get a cheaper fix than I thought to pull the ponies. Thanks again guys for being my saviors!

Old 06-14-2005, 11:20 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
glad to be of service... who says chivalry is dead...?

Old 06-22-2005, 02:37 AM
PWRPROD
Senior User
Just a quickie guys: I need the referance to the 10K mod. I had it once and can no longer find it. It is the next mod on the list of small (cheep) improvements to my 01-7.3 PS.

PWRPROD

Old 10-17-2005, 08:30 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
for $569, i got an extra 125 hp and 225 lb of torque. Edge juice module. mileage went from 15.7 to 20.4, impressive. even with a 14 size shoe

Old 06-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Loggerlee
New User
New to this thing,I have a dodge that I bought the workhorse module for.
I've seen no fuel milage gain..better power,but not what the company claims
I'll be returning it and I'll let you all know what thats like,that is unless I get kicked off of here for admitting that I own a dodge....I've got fords too though and I had to try that chip (regardless of what they call it,thats what it is)
So for $707 I'd skip it and get the Edge

Old 06-04-2006, 01:03 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
Save UP TO 16% and use less fuel. HOW? You can make the combustion process more efficient UP TO A POINT. That much power increase and a decrease of mpg? BS. Well, if the truck were to roll downhill for miles on end with the engine off or drive off a cliff, maybe.

Old 06-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Loggerlee
New User
Yeah,well I figured that the way they did it with an increase of fuel pressure (atomize better) and some timeing changes..but although I got a little power I did'nt see any fuel milage increase....sounded good but really was not as advertised.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Mark at DPPI
Elder User
webmaster,

The Workhorse is a repacked/labeled Dr. Performance module, same ole BS etc. All it does is raise injector pressure. Dr. Performance is also the guy that used to say don't buy electronics they will kill your engine, buy my waaaaay overpriced injectors instead! Sounds kind of like Bank's saying anything over 3.5 inches diameter in exhaust is a waste, now they sell 4 inch. They also used to say don't buy chips, bad products that overfuel, guess what they sell chips now. They used to also say air intake systems are a joke all you need is a drop in filter as the manufacturer of the truck knows best, HUMMM now they sell intake systems too???

Mark @ DPPI

Old 06-05-2006, 08:52 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Mark at DPPI
webmaster,

The Workhorse is a repacked/labeled Dr. Performance module, same ole BS etc. All it does is raise injector pressure. Dr. Performance is also the guy that used to say don't buy electronics they will kill your engine, buy my waaaaay overpriced injectors instead! Sounds kind of like Bank's saying anything over 3.5 inches diameter in exhaust is a waste, now they sell 4 inch. They also used to say don't buy chips, bad products that overfuel, guess what they sell chips now. They used to also say air intake systems are a joke all you need is a drop in filter as the manufacturer of the truck knows best, HUMMM now they sell intake systems too???

Mark @ DPPI
i have to agree... "sales" people will tell you that whatever they are selling is the best... honest sales talk is rare... that's why i like doing buisness with the sponsers of this site... they know that anyone who has spent a little time reading the posts on FTE already has a good idea of what they want to improve on their truck and how to do it... they just need a little help with the different ways in which you can get that done... Mark, and guys like him know they don't need to "sell" anything to us, they just need to provide info on the options we have available...! i learned more about my mule here on FTE than i ever did talking to anyone at Banks...

Old 06-05-2006, 08:53 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
Well, I tend to listen in to opinions. For instance, many people were singing praises of the BTS VB. OK, tried it and liked it. Now that I need a trans, who do you think I went with?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:23 PM
larrybcherry
New User
My new Workhorse chip works great!

Well, I put a Workhorse chip on my 2008 6.4L Power Stroke. After 90 days of testing I have gained 2.7 mpg compared to what I was getting before the Workhorse diesel chip. Unlike MarkDPP I have no vested interest in trying to sell anybody anything. Also, unlike MAX1775 I am not trying to get some company to send me a free product to test. According to what I am seeing on their website this company is still around in 2008, their prices range from $499-695 which is competitive. I just don't get the point sitting around slamming a company without trying to find out about it. Not in the yellow pages, WTF? What yellow pages? There are only about 1000 different ones out there. Workhorse told me straight out that they work with other performance companies (including the engineers at Dr. Performance) to design and manufacture their product to Workhorse specs. I think that there are a lot of good solid products out there (my friend has an SCT Livewire on his 08 Ford) and I say the more competition the better. Let's just try to be a little careful about dismissing a company with no basis for our opinions.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:33 PM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
Wow reallllll old.... Kris running Edge?? haha

Nobody's knocking this chip, there's just better options out there... i think you post is better in the 6.4 section as this is for the 7.3's. I'm not familiar with the 6.4's and don't know how they operate.

Quick Reply: The Workhorse Diesel Power Module...