Frame Replacement!!!! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine

Frame Replacement!!!!

Old 06-10-2005, 10:58 AM
BatteriesNotINCL
Senior User
BatteriesNotINCL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Frame Replacement!!!!

Okay guys, I need the help of this forum the most right now . I got hung up on a branch that sent my frame in a twist...get this....there is no paint shed just a bent frame and used air bag....

if anybody has any info on where I can get a new frame for cheap please post...the lowest i can find is $6000 installed..

oyeah...I live in the dust city of Laredo, TX.

thanks for all the effort
-guardian

Last edited by BatteriesNotINCL; 06-10-2005 at 10:59 AM. Reason: forgot to put my city
Old 06-10-2005, 12:59 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
ChrisAdams is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, damaged the frame. Care to share more about the accident?

This guy is restoring a salvage truck notice he found a frame cheaper, you might want to contact him and ask questions since he has been doing the work lately.

Good luck,
Chris

Old 06-10-2005, 03:17 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
osbornk is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.osbornk is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
This would be an insurance claim. Anyway, why don't you have it repaired? 99% of damaged frames can be repaired properly. I worked insurance claims for 30+ years and paid for thousands to be repaired. I also owned many that had sustained substantial frame damage and wore them out without any problems.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Ruckus is starting off with a positive reputation.
How in the world did a branch bend your frame?What?

Old 06-10-2005, 07:49 PM
WhlM1
Super Moderator
WhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant future
That sucks. My guess is one too many 'Dukes of Hazzard' marathons
Name:  Truck_in_tree_parking.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  18.4 KB

Have you called any reconstruction shops? Like osbornk mentioned, it can probably be repaired.

Old 06-11-2005, 01:55 AM
BatteriesNotINCL
Senior User
BatteriesNotINCL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry guys where im frome we call these cement pipes branches due to location....if a line breaks we say "south branch 4 is broken" (not in laredo by the way) so yeah my frame was repaired...it was more than 30 degrees out of line...and now is cracking at the point where the lower control arm is connected or where the trans. cooler is mounted. plus I posed the question to Gieco and the adjuster said if the collision center said it would be better to replace they would total loss it and i could kiss it goodbye......

I only have 4 k left to pay on the truck because i payed a whole lot of it when my settlement check came in for a motorcycle accident...and i dont want to loose that money...

Old 06-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Ruckus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile

If I am ever in the market for a used pickup, remind me not to buy yours.Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.