2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine

Dumb question

Old 06-09-2005, 03:46 PM
darko21 is offline
New User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 19
darko21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Dumb question

I bought a cordless 18volt buffer today came with 2 pad 1 terry cloth and 1 wool kinda a pad. Which one is the aplictor and which one is the buffer?

The instruction only say use the right one for the job If I had to guess I'd assume the wool type is for buffing the wax but I'm not 100%
Old 06-09-2005, 03:53 PM
MJEmerson is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mililani, Hawaii
Posts: 383
MJEmerson is starting off with a positive reputation.
i think the wool is for buffing off the wax...but be carefull with a buffer its easy to put swirl marks in your paint...especially on clear coated vehicles. plus you work so can do a lot of damage in a little time. all it takes is one grain of sand to get under the pad and your done for. on a new vehicle i think you can get just as good results by hand...i save the buffer for getting out oxidation and stuff on older cars.

just my opinion though.


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.