Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine

Tire size question?

Old 06-09-2005, 10:18 AM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
MBBFord is a splendid one to beholdMBBFord is a splendid one to beholdMBBFord is a splendid one to beholdMBBFord is a splendid one to beholdMBBFord is a splendid one to beholdMBBFord is a splendid one to beholdMBBFord is a splendid one to behold
Question Tire size question?

I want to put the biggest tire I can under a stock suspension set up.

What size could I get away with, with some tire rub? I would like to fit 33s, is this possible.

With out tire rub, could I get 32s? Or would I have to go lower than that?

Thanks for any help,
Matt

Old 06-09-2005, 10:24 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
ChrisAdams is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by MBBFord

What size could I get away with, with some tire rub? I would like to fit 33s, is this possible.

Thanks for any help,
Matt
Um, on what kind of truck? I see a Bronco in your profile...

Since you are asking in the 04-05 forum, I'm gonna guess you are interested in some kind of F-150 04-05.
They come stock with 30 and 32 inch tires. The four wheels have 32 stock. The two wheels have 30. Ford uses about 9 different stock sizes, and they range from 29 and change to 32 and change. So they will fit. Lots of guys have 33 inch on their trucks, no mods. Of course, the bigger the diameter of the tire, the more you raise the already high gearing.
Chris

Old 06-09-2005, 10:35 AM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
MBBFord is a splendid one to beholdMBBFord is a splendid one to beholdMBBFord is a splendid one to beholdMBBFord is a splendid one to beholdMBBFord is a splendid one to beholdMBBFord is a splendid one to beholdMBBFord is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Chris,
I'm trying to help out my uncle on this he has a 04 F-150 Fx4. Sorry I didn't really mention that.

So 33in. tires will fit, do I need that front end leveling kit or no?

Thanks for any info,
Matt

Old 06-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Ruckus is starting off with a positive reputation.
MBB, Are you or your uncle running 17 or 18 inch rims?

Old 06-09-2005, 10:53 AM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
My uncle has 18s and He hates the cost of mud tires with 18in. rims. I really likes the idea that mud tires for 15in rims are cheap. I have 15s. He wants a set of rims and tires, for hunting season, and keep his 18s on there all other times, because he doesn't want to wear his grips out just going back and forth to work.

He doesn't have a name for this forum, and he doesn't really have the time to do all this stuff, so he asked if I could help him out.

I was wondering if he could at least get away with 16.5 in. rims, IS this possible???

Thanks for any help,
Matt

Old 06-09-2005, 11:05 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
ChrisAdams is starting off with a positive reputation.
The 04 type trucks do NOT use any rim smaller than 17.

No can do.
Sorry.
Chris

Old 06-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Smile

MBB,I thought you wanted larger tires.I am a little confused about what you really want.Do you want them just for hunting season or hunting and fishing combined?

Old 06-09-2005, 12:36 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
I want the biggest tire I can fit under a stock Fx4 for Hunting season. I will get a set of rims and tires just for that. For every day driveing I want to use the all terrain already on there, and just swap sets during hunting season.

It is mostly to put grip tires on a smaller rim to bring down the cost of a grip tire compared to running them on 18 in. rims all the time.

Matt

Old 06-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
MBB, You cannot go smaller than 17 inch for hunting season.The 17 inch rim is the smallest Ford makes for the new body style 04 F150.You could probably get a real small, cheap skinny grip tire for hunting season.It might look a little odd with a little skinny grip tire on a big nice FX4 truck.Good Luck!

Old 06-09-2005, 01:00 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
I was just hoping at least a 16.5 inch rim would fit but thanks any way. I'll end up going with a cheap 17in. rim and have to get some super swampers (trxus mt).

Thanks for the help guys,
Matt

Old 06-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Smile

Originally Posted by MBBFord

Thanks for any help,
Matt
What about the 33's you wanted?What size tire do you have now?

Old 06-09-2005, 01:50 PM
jamesa30
New User
jamesa30 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 2005 F150 4x4 and I put LT295/70 R17 (33.19" x 12.13" x 17") with a 17x8 wheel and have not had any rubbing lock to lock. I will be taking it offroad next week to see if it rubs under more agressive driving.

By the way, my suspension is stock.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:12 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Ruckus I have 275 65 R18 which I think are 32s. I still want the 33s on a set of 17in. rims to swap in for hunting season, but out side of hunting season, I'll use the stock 32s.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:13 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Oh thanks for the info Jamesa30, and everyone else, I'll be getting a set up like mentioned in privious post, but I have to wait for the money to come in.

Thanks again,
Matt

Old 06-10-2005, 03:22 PM
YOMAN
Elder User
YOMAN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just want to a bit clear that 275/65/18 is actual 31.5" ( you can try measure your tire )

Myself dislike 18" (big rims with small rubber yikes!) but it came with my truck..i will downgrade to 17 when i have $$ .

The reason that you can not go smaller than 17" is cuz of brake caplier is bigger, thats why.

BFG ATKO, Nitto AT, toyo AT are good tires!

YOMAN!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire size question?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.