Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

I finally got to meet someone face to face...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 04:14 PM
White_Knight
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I finally got to meet someone face to face...

Rollie,

Thank you- not only for coming here to OK but also for deciding to
camp out in Wagoner for the night. And for visiting with me. Now I
know the face of a friend, and even more, a kindred spirit. And your
truck was pretty darn sharp too! I hope that I'll be making it to Kansas
not only for the BIG EVENT but also just to visit with you again. There
is so much more to come not only for our chapters but for us as well.
I look forward to meeting my Kansas chapter folks as well as having
our chapters meet together.

What you mentioned about a meeting point for OK and Kansas was sheer
genius, and with a distance of about 100 miles from each point, very easy
for all parties. I look forward to getting that started real soon!

Until we meet in person again, my brother, may God richly bless and watch over all of us now, and in the days yet unspoken and unborn.

Your friend always,

Mark

Old 06-04-2005, 11:33 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Mark it sure was great and lots of fun, The guys in OKC and in Wagoner sure did make a person feel right at home and it was great to put faces to names. Had a great time even if I did end up not getting to sleep till 5am it was well worth it. Found out when I got to Branson that Stan had tried my cell, not sure what was going on but had no missed calls but it seems to be on the fritz right now. Sorry I missed his call it would have been great to see a few more before I left. But I will be down there again and will make a point of meeting everyone I can.

Been thinking about a dual state meet sometime with the OK and KS members. As I was driving through I got to thinking about the area around I-35 and the turnpike. Saw a big Loves Truck stop with lots of parking and there was also a big Dairy Queen service area right in the same area. Looked to me it would be close to the same distance for Tulsa, OKC and Wichita area people to make a G2G. If anyone is interested lets hear what you think. Open to all ideas I would just like to see some of the neighboring chapters get some people together.

Old 06-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Rollie, I am terribly sorry man... I tried to call you. In fact, I think I called about 3 or 4 times on thursday night... the latest being around 1am. I did happen to call your wife first... sorry, and she told me not to worry about calling too late (hence the final 1am call). As I said in the message, I had forgotten my cell in a different city, so I was calling from somebody elses. I'll get you my cell number soon.

If you get the "hankerin'" to come back next saturday, I scheduled some vacation time to go to the Ford Mustang and Power Meet... it's here in Tulsa. A few of us were planning on meeting (though we havent set up a time yet)... it would be great to have you and/or a few of your people. I'll post a thread in your Chapter.

STan

Old 06-05-2005, 05:17 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Hey Stan don't sweat it, I am not sure what is going on with my phone anyway. It showed 1 missed call and I had it on all the time and never heard a ring. It has done that a few times to me before that people have called but it doesn't always go through to me. Usually happens when I am outside my calling area. Not sure about this Saturday but you can never know what will happen. We are having our G2G in the Wichita area this Saturday so there may be some that could or would make it. I will be back down in the area again though there were a few places in Tulsa I wanted to go but didn't get there this trip.