help required fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 04:31 PM
bokker
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
help required fuel injectors

hi, where do the fuel injector exit is it in the inlet port or is it in the combustion chamber like the spark plugs.
i should know this as i have just rebuilt the engine due to gasket failure but i have a mental block.
my need to know is i wish to fit a lpg injection kit and if it is directly into the combustion chamber then it maybe not posable.
here in the UK lpg propane gas is cheap so hopefully it will be into the inlet tract. thanks inadvance bokker.

Old 06-02-2005, 10:57 AM
travlnman
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's the inlet port, but I cannot be 100%, only about 98%.

Old 06-12-2005, 04:24 PM
NHRstein
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LPG would probably be a good way to boost highway milage, but the around town driving, ... as compared to gasoline, well I don't know. I do know that it is common amoung desiel owners to add LPG to their rigs.

.02 useless .02 but it's still .02

//John

Old 06-13-2005, 10:12 AM
fplorer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are definitely in the intake. I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do. You could inject the LPG upstream of the throttle body. Are you planning to run the truck on propane only or use it as a supplement?

Old 06-13-2005, 06:29 PM
bokker
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks fplorer, that info helps a lot. here in europe propane is widely used as a very cheep fuel and the way it works is that you can switch to propane after starting up on petrol. the engine runs well with no loss of power due to the fact that it is injected into each cylinder just like petrol.(multi-point injection).

the other method of single point injection is less effective and prone to back fire into the inlet manifold.

thanks bokker.