2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door sill scuff adhesive stickers

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Forrest_F150
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the ones at Moss Motors...

http://www.f150store.com/Shop/ViewPr...&PlateTypeID=1

but I want the F-150 Logo on them.....

sooooo............... I was thinking......

How cool woud it be to buy the Moss Motors ones and carefully cut "F-150" out of them??.....or even "F-150 FX4"... I could use some 3M clear sheeting to cover the black part that shows through the cut out....

since the Moss Motor sills are grey then on my truck i'd have a black F-150 logo showing through the grey sill..... on other colored trucks it would look cool too.... yellow, red, etc.....showing through....

hmmm.... i might try this......i think it would be sweet as hell....

Old 06-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Forrest_F150
Senior User
actually, the Moss ones are black....

hmm... still might do it... it would give it a 3-D look......still be visible... for those who have trucks that aren't black it would look better....

Old 06-13-2005, 09:51 AM
resopkr
Junior User
Originally Posted by Forrest_F150
I like the ones at Moss Motors...

http://www.f150store.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=44782&WebCatalogID= 27&PlateTypeID=1

but I want the F-150 Logo on them.....
Forrest_F150,

Just checked mine and like the others I only have them intalled for the front, but mine do have the F 150 logo on them.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:45 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I ordered the ones from Moss Motors. I used to deal with them a LOT when I was into British cars. Used to drop by their warehouse in Goleta, about four times a year. They were always good to buy from. Not always the cheapest, but always had good stuff for the price.

I ordered the four black sills, as I didn't think the stainless would look all that good with my silver. Of course I only needed two but they didn't offer that.
Well we will see. I will post after they come in and I put them on.
Chris

Old 06-13-2005, 06:22 PM
HotLap
Senior User
Chris - I just installed my 2nd set of these sill plates on my brother's '05 Screw and they are great. I have a black Lariat and he has a white Lariat and the sill plates look great on both. You will probably end up removing the factory stickers and if you do - use a heat gun/blowdryer to soften them up 1st. I have found the install method that works best for me was to start at the sill plate "bend" area and work back to the top then secure the lower edge. If you start with the top edge chances are the bend will be off and you'll have a gap on either side where it doesn't fit flush....I had to remove and reinstall one of the sill plates to fix this. I also used the black adhesive sealant/gasket maker (RTV) along with the supplied adhesive so it would stick better!

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
Well, I ordered the ones from Moss Motors. I used to deal with them a LOT when I was into British cars. Used to drop by their warehouse in Goleta, about four times a year. They were always good to buy from. Not always the cheapest, but always had good stuff for the price.

I ordered the four black sills, as I didn't think the stainless would look all that good with my silver. Of course I only needed two but they didn't offer that.
Well we will see. I will post after they come in and I put them on.
Chris

Last edited by HotLap; 06-13-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:14 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
My truck is an STX. What factory stickers? I have the gray runner that goes over the wiring channel, then paint.
Chris

Old 06-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Blue Blooded
Senior User
Might be getting some myself as my passenger side one recently had air bubbles and I tried to "peel and reseal" and now it has many tiny bubbles. Anyone else have this happen?

Old 06-14-2005, 08:56 AM
KevinM
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My Screw has them at all 4 doors no logo!

Old 06-14-2005, 03:16 PM
HotLap
Senior User
My truck is an STX. What factory stickers? I have the gray runner that goes over the wiring channel, then paint.
Chris
Chris your's may not have come with any....on my bro's '05 Lariat SCREW he only had one on the driver's door sill - the other 3 were missing.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:18 PM
HotLap
Senior User
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded
Might be getting some myself as my passenger side one recently had air bubbles and I tried to "peel and reseal" and now it has many tiny bubbles. Anyone else have this happen?
Blue - that's what got me started on the sill protectors to begin with - both my driver's & passenger's door scuff stickers had lots of large bubbles.....I actually went to my local Ford dealer and he was willing to replace under warranty - but then I found the better ones as Moss and, well, as they say - the rest is history

Old 06-14-2005, 03:40 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
My black ones just came in. There are four in the pack, two long, two short. They look like a black version of the plastic runner that is there stock. No logo. They are a little too short, but should work. The rear ones are too long to be of any use on my short doors. Don't need anything there, but...
After looking at the color, I now wish I had gone for the stainless ones.
What the heck, these will work, and you only see them when the door is open. I wanted them because I have managed to scrap the paint slightly in the door sill, manhandleing a seat into the truck. So this will cover the scratch nicely. I was going to just paint it (about a half square inch) but covering it works as well.
I also just got some Kleen Wheels, as adding them to the shipping made them cheap enough to be worth getting.
Now as soon as it drops from 125 in my garage, I will think about putting these sills on.
Chris

Old 06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
HotLap
Senior User
Chris - cool hope you get used to the look - I think they look kind of "Truck Rugged" and like mine.....think of it this way - those stainless would start to look bad after you scratched/scuffed them - but the black with the rough finish should hide marks pretty well! 125 deg....where do you live - that's HOT!!

My black ones just came in. There are four in the pack, two long, two short. They look like a black version of the plastic runner that is there stock. No logo. They are a little too short, but should work. The rear ones are too long to be of any use on my short doors. Don't need anything there, but...
After looking at the color, I now wish I had gone for the stainless ones.
What the heck, these will work, and you only see them when the door is open. I wanted them because I have managed to scrap the paint slightly in the door sill, manhandleing a seat into the truck. So this will cover the scratch nicely. I was going to just paint it (about a half square inch) but covering it works as well.
I also just got some Kleen Wheels, as adding them to the shipping made them cheap enough to be worth getting.
Now as soon as it drops from 125 in my garage, I will think about putting these sills on.
Chris

Old 06-14-2005, 06:01 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
The high desert of California. It's only about 98 outside, a cool day this time of year, but I don't have A/C in the garage. I do have it in my workshop, but getting the truck in the 36 inch door...
Chris

Old 06-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Blue Blooded
Senior User
Originally Posted by HotLap
Blue - that's what got me started on the sill protectors to begin with - both my driver's & passenger's door scuff stickers had lots of large bubbles.....I actually went to my local Ford dealer and he was willing to replace under warranty - but then I found the better ones as Moss and, well, as they say - the rest is history
Might have to give them a look, I'm not too keen on leaving my truck with the dreaded dealer. Kinda weird though that only one bubbled and only after a year plus. Thanks for the reply

Old 06-14-2005, 07:44 PM
SuperCrewDude
Senior User
Mine are bubbling too...after just 9 months but these look really good.

I'm with ya Blue, I avoid leaving mine with the dealer at all costs!

Quick Reply: Door sill scuff adhesive stickers