Computer Chips & Tuners  

Diablo Sport Chip / Speedo Now Off ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 11:03 AM
silvertrac
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablo Sport Chip / Speedo Now Off ??

Recently installed a Delta Sport 4-bank chip in my 2001 Ford Sport Trac 4.0. After several reburns we finally got a code to work (thanks Ken for all your help). Since it has been in I have noticed my speedometer to be a little on the high side (not actually travelling as fast as it is reading). Now being spring and the police putting out their non-manned radar/speed contraptions I have confirmed it. It seems my speedometer is reading about 4 mph higher than I am actually traveling.

So, I have a few questions for the experts. Can this be adjusted or corrected without eliminating the use of the chip? Is it a fault of the chip/my vehicle? Most importantly, is the speedo directly connected with the odometer? I don't want this increase to translate to the mileage. The speedometer I can live with, racking on extra miles that aren't being travelled I cannot.

Thanks in advance for any help.
-Derek

Old 05-27-2005, 09:45 PM
JOE-M
Elder User
I know nothing about chips, so I can't help you on that part. But on the odometer, yes. It calculates directly from the speedometer. Every hour you drive the vehicle it adds 4 miles to your odometer that you haven't driven.
Joe

Old 06-02-2005, 05:26 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes, it can be fixed with the chip. (Or Ford can fix it but they charge). If you can tell me what your actual speed is when the speedometer says 60 I can fix it.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:30 AM
silvertrac
New User
Thanks Ken. Should I send the chip back to you with a note?
-Derek

Old 06-06-2005, 03:05 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Call the MotorHaven office and get an RMA number and explain the issue (don't ask for me, I'm generally not on the phones, someone else does that. )