05 or 06 SD and Rebates ?s

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 06:41 PM
rblomquist
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 or 06 SD and Rebates ?s

Hi guys. Never owned a Ford but am seriously considering an F-350 with the V10. At this late in the model year it sounds like the new 06s should be arriving within a few weeks?

Since I have no experience with Fords what has been past expereince with rebates like the ones going on now possibly continuing into the next model year? I know nobody has a crystal ball, just looking for some thoughts.....

Also, I can probably find an 05 lot truck that meets my needs but seems like this late in the game may be better to just get an 06? Oh yeah, I am authorized for the x-plan.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-23-2005, 08:00 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, you said the magic words- my crystal ball is about as fuzzy as yours. The only thing I do think is that as long as GM keeps the heat on, the rebates games will continue.

'05 vs. '06- everyone's got a different point of view, but at this stage it might make more sense just to order an '06 the way you want it.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:20 PM
rblomquist
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are the rebates tied to a specific year? Say if I order an 06 SD before 29 Jun (date the current rebate expires according to the website) will I get a rebate as the deliverable truck will be an 06?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I've decided to buy a Ford, test drove a Duramax today at my work and in a 5 min test drive the allision trans grenaded (no lie). That pretty much made my decision to go Ford easier.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:54 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rebate is tied to a specific model year and delivery date. It's the date of delivery, not order, that determines the rebate.